• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

very shaky

mundur5

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I guess this goes here. anyways here is the problem. I just had all my fluids changed. I go to school in the mountains about 2 hours away from my home. On my way up here to move back in I had to give my car a lot of gas. but no more than usual. but now that i am back, whenever I accelearate my whole car rattles and shakes pretty bad. It has never done this before. Also if I am up to speed and then take my foot off the gas, it will stop rattling. does anybody know what the problem is?

what year, how many miles, and what motor are we talking about here??

it is a 98 with about 90,000 miles on it. 4.0 strait 6. also if this helps at all. i have a 4.5 lift with 33's. i have a t-case drop. no sye. but it just started happening.

this is just a guess but if your lift kit came with degree wedges for the pinion angle on the rear leafs, make sure they're still in place. i've had them corrode and fall out resulting in major vibration due to the pinion angle dropping. hth.

I checked both of the wedges and they are both still there. I think I am just gonna put some better gas in for a while and see if that helps it improve anything. I don't feel like putting money into it, when I just had it at the shop, and it wasn't doing it before. If anybody can think of anything else, that would be great.

I guess, but I just had it at the shop with a mechanic who is the friend of the families. I don't want to go back. But if I have to I will. Thanks for the help anyways.

A tune up on the 4.0 is pretty easy...even if you dont know much about working on vehicles.

I'm assuming you go to school at Appalachian?

If you've got some pretty basic tools you can do the spark plugs and everything on your own...along with a little research on here.

All you'd really need is a spark plug socket (or a socket long enough) a tool to gap the new plugs.

I don't remember what the gap setting is off the top of my head..and my FSM is sitting at home about 200 miles away. Unless somebody else knows it, I can post the info this weekend when I go home.

Back