• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy new surplus Ford 8.8 axles?

COTim

NAXJA Forum User
I know that some places such as M.O.R.E. buy brand new surplus Ford Explorer axles with calipers, rotors, 4.10 gears, and limited slips (sometimes) for $450. I "know" this because they told me when they built my 8.8 axle for my TJ. Problem is, they don't really share that info openly.

Does anyone know where to buy these new surplus axles? I rather get a brand new unit that's a little rust for the same price as a salvage yard unit with an unknown history.

They haven't made explorers with 8.8s in several years. I would imagine all the surplus has been bought up Jeepers lol.

The surplus has dried up about 6 months to a year ago. Thats what the supplier said to the shop I work at. You will be suck with having to get a junk yard axle. Throwing in new bearings isnt that much.

AARON

goodfellas.jpg

allz ya gotta doo is know a guy, who knowz a guy and badda boom badda bing they fall off a truck and you gotz yer self 4 pallets of 8.8s.

on a serious note COTim , in the last year or two there is a guy on ebay who sells them for that same price. Are you simply trying to find a new one, or are you trying to do it cheaper than the $450. Why not call up MORE and just buy it from them. I doubt you could find anyone selling a new one for less than $350 so not worth the hundred bucks in time wasted in vain, just call up MORE and get one while you still can.

Last edited:
I got mine a couple years ago from a guy on ebay. I think I paid about $450 to my door. I would just go ahead and get one from MORE if you are dead set on a brand new one.

If I had it to do again, I would just get a junkyard axle and spend the $$ on the internals instead of a shiny new housing.

Back