• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KEYLESS ENTRY WIRING

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
ok so thanks to the threads on here i got my overhead console wired up and working!!!:guitar: now my only problem is the keyless entry.:bawl: I took out the computer chip from my old keyless and am gonna put it into the new console. along with it im taking the connection for it since the pins dont line up from the other one. so i have to cut off the connection on the new overhead console harness and splice in the connection for my keyless. the problem is what wires to splice. this is what I got:

1998 harness keyless connection (pins 1-12)
Yellow - courtesy lamps driver
Pink - fused B(+)
Black - ground
X
Dark Blue - door unlock relay control
Brown/Purple - CCD Bus(+)
X
X
Black - ground
Black/Red - Horn relay control
Light Blue/Red - door lock control
White/Black - CCD Bus (-)

1994 harness keyless connection (pins 1-12)
Pink - courtesy lamp
Pink/Orange - courtesy lamp
Orange/Purple - Relay(lock)
Pink/Purple - Relay(unlock)
X
X
Dark Green/Orange - courtesy lamp
White/Black - fuse ignition 'D'
X
Black - ground
X
Yellow - switched ground

I have no idea how to make this work other than splicing the obvious "lock" and "unlock" ones. any help would be greatly appreciated

I've never heard of anyone trying to splice the 97+ RF keyless receiver into the pre97 IR system so I'm gonna guess that you are the first.
It does sound like a very worthwhile upgrade since the RF system doesn't rely on line-of-site.
If you do get it figured out, post a write up on how you wired it up so others can do it too. :peace:

I know it's fairly common to add RF keyless entry onto the IR system with an aftermarket car alarm or even a remote car start key fob that is used in place of the factory IR key fob.
I'll bet that most of these aftermarket installers could help you with keyless wiring questions.

Jeepthing88 said:
does anyone know how to wire this?
Nevermind. I just read your OTHER post over on JF where you explain that you want to keep the IR; so all you'll need to do is to gut the new console and throw all your old IR stuff into it. No re-wiring necessary.
(I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish by keeping the crappy old IR stuff though???) :anon:

Back