• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCM Adaptive Memory Reset?

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
I copied this from a TJ forum while searching, anyone verify if it's the same process for newer XJ's?
*************************************************************************************
Did you know your computer learns your driving style? Well it does, your computer has an adaptive learning ability. It sets its self in stone so to speak after 50 (key cylcles) and 500 miles. What I suggest here is if you have lifted or put larger tires on your Jeep you need to reset this learning system. This is soooo simple to do.

1) disconect the positive batt. cable

2) hold that positive cable to a ground for 30 secounds

3) reconnect cable

4) turn key to ON position (do not start)

5) turn headlamps on for 15 seconds (give or take, no biggy)

6) turn headlamps off

7) turn key off

You're done, this will increase preformance noticably if you have never done it.

XJEEPER said:
You're done, this will increase preformance noticably if you have never done it.

It all makes sence except for this last part. Unless you had something wrong with your engine and recently repaired it, I doubt it will have much affect on performance. The PCM will begin relearning everything as soon as you start it up.

Back