• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hmmph....

sharpie1k

NAXJA Forum User
Lately (since probably 12-30-06), the heep has had real problems starting. At first, it would get dash lights, air, headlights, dome lights, and such, and the starter would click only once. I was able to remove the negative terminal, put it back down, and it would start weak, but start, and after doing that, it would start 2-3 times after that.

I took it into the local shop, where they diagnosed a loose terminal and hot lead to the starter. They fixed it for like under $20, and sent me off. It worked fine for oh, about, 2 days. This morning, I go to start, and it didn't even click. It beeped for half a second, dash flickered, and nothing. Power soon desisted, and the light wouldnt flicker even. I think, oh great, it's probably the battery. I was already late for work, so I got there another way. I came back this afternoon, and tried to jump it with my gf's nissan sentra (it has a duralast car/truck, almost the same one which is in mine). Nothing. So now, I am vehicleless, out $20 from the shop, because they didn't fix it right. I just need the damn thing started, I don't even want to take it back to the shop at this point. Anyone have any idea how to deal with this?

As she stands right now:
no power, jumping wont work, starter has worked all the way up to yesterday evening, havent checked the alternator at all.

God, this makes me actually want to send it to the stealership, of all places, just so I can get these gremlins out.

you have either got a bad connection or bad cables. you need to check/clean the connection at both ends. pos and neg. where it won't start even when jumped i would probley say bad cables.

Probably a bad ignition switch!!!!!

You should also remove, clean and rebolt the + & - battery cables onto the battery after replacing the ignition switch (if it is the ignition switch).

What make model, and year is the HEAP?

Clarify "no power". Do the headlights work while you are cranking? If yes, then maybe the ign switch or NSS if it won't crank. If not, then start looking at the battery cables again including the ground cable at the back of the firewall and to the passenger side of the block.

Back