• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found aftermarket leafs in a junkyard.

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
How hard would it be to remove the rear leafs from a cherokee in a junkyard ? I found a set of leafs on a cherokee that have 6 leafs instead of the 4 and appear to have more of an arch than the stock leafs. There's a brand stamped on them but I forgot, I keep thinking it starts with an R but it's not rough country. What are they worth ?

You should be able to get them for $30 each or so. Always offer WAY low. Don't tell them they are aftermarket, just say springs off an old cherokee.

Two bolts on each spring, not too hard unless they are rusted on. If the bolt on the shackles is facing the wrong way to come out all the way, just take the whole shackle out with them. Then of course the ubolts that hold it to the axle, that's it. If the rig is sitting on the ground on the springs or axle (or supported at those points), it makes it tougher. You can always find a OEM jack and lift it up to take the weight off them and support it some other way.

Last edited:
Back