• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Y-link setup

CROSBIKE

NAXJA Forum User
I have the y-link setup en route to my house and 5.5 RE springs up front and 3.5 RE leafs in back with 1.5" tnt shackles. i have the stock pitman arm and drag link with a Rustys offroad Tie Rod. I have some questions:
1.) am i going to need a new track bar? i think i will but i am not positive.

2.) if i do is the RE 1667 extreme duty track bar with the RE 1665 bracket a good way to go?

3.)i am also planning on upgrading to the jcroffroad.com 1-ton steering system am i going to need a drop pitman arm?

4.)will i need a drop pitman arm if i keep my stock steering that i have now?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
CROSBIKE said:
I have the y-link setup en route to my house and 5.5 RE springs up front and 3.5 RE leafs in back with 1.5" tnt shackles. i have the stock pitman arm and drag link with a Rustys offroad Tie Rod. I have some questions:
1.) am i going to need a new track bar? i think i will but i am not positive.

2.) if i do is the RE 1667 extreme duty track bar with the RE 1665 bracket a good way to go?

3.)i am also planning on upgrading to the jcroffroad.com 1-ton steering system am i going to need a drop pitman arm? 4.)

will i need a drop pitman arm if i keep my stock steering that i have now?

any help would be greatly appreciated

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Its a great lift I instaled mine last summer.
Have fun drilling the big holes in your unibody!

1998 Xj
tnt y-link, re 5.5 coils, re 3.5 leafs tnt 1.5" shackles, ubolt eliminators 1" lift. TNT tracbar and draglink, tnt stifners. bilstien 5150 shocks. 33x12.5 BFG MT's

AA SYE and a woody rear shaft.

Honestly I dont know which track bar...I ought the whole tnt kit 5.5" lift and it came with it. I had the Re track bar on my last one and they are about the same in quality. The TNT guys could tell you right off. I have some pics on my home PC I will post them when I get home from work. it will sit above 6" unless you have alot of heavy stuff installed.

CROSBIKE said:
3.)i am also planning on upgrading to the jcroffroad.com 1-ton steering system am i going to need a drop pitman arm?

4.)will i need a drop pitman arm if i keep my stock steering that i have now?

With 5.5" of lift, you should install a drop pitman with either your stock or our steering kit. Some ppl don't run drop pitman arms with 4" of lift, handles better then stock steering with no drop pitman arm, but it will help eliminate bumpsteer.

Just let me know if you have anymore questions about our steering.

Back