• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thread on Lugs

serialphreak

NAXJA Forum User
So i got some rear axel shafts from Alloy USA for my D35 and the lugs they sent to install on the shaft ends thread in. Why do they do this? Why arent they splined like my OEM shafts. i know im going to have to locktite them but dont they run risk of losening up when i tighten my wheels? what if i break a couple and i need to change them, my local parts store isnt going to have thread on lugs. Why not just use splined ones, they are easy to install and replace if neccisary and they are available any where. Is there a specific design reason for this inconvenience?

Positive retention....standard stuff for high performance axles...clean the threads on the bolts and in the axle with brake cleaner...blow dry...use green locktite and torque em down....they will not back out....

I have run those shafts without locktite and never had a problem, and run them later with blue locktite, and again never had a problem.

I do know someone that had a problem with them once (caused by a shop, not by the design or quality - lugs were not tightened down right). He called alloy usa and they overnited a set of lugs to him in Moab.

Yes, green is stud and bearing mount....but it won't come loose easily..
when you need it to come loose...a propane torch to heat it up a bit will get it loose.

Back