• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 vibes 5.5 inch lift

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I went off the deep end today and bought a 98' xj with a 5.5" lift the lift is not the greatest, but good enough to look good as a daily driver. there is vibrations coming from the front. but when I turn left they go away. anny suggestions?

DubaiXJ said:
Sounds like it might be a worn axle U-Joint.

X2, May as well get under there and check ALL the joints, bushings, proper fastener torque, etc... since you just got it.

^ x3 , but if it doesn't have an SYE and cv driveshaft get one.

I figured it out my drag link is stock, and is way out of alignment I am going to get either a pitman drop or a new draglink / tierod set up. what do you guys suggest

Don't need a drop pittman arm, but you need an alignment for sure. Tons of people still running stock dragling/tierod with your lift. If a TRE is worn replace it, if something is bent replace it, but the stock stuff should cause any issues.

If the guy never got it aligned would that cause the problem? I just bought it last night. the guy knew nothing about the lift, it was lifted when he bought it.

Back