• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire choices, 35" truxus mt's or 36" SX's??

bigblueandugly

NAXJA Forum User
after checking out the tire market i've narrowed down my choices to either the super swamper truxus mt, ot the tsl sx, i like the truxus for the siping and rain and snow perfomance, but havent heard how they flex and handle the rocks when aired down, also, i'm not to stoke on the sidewalls, they dont look to gnarly, where as the sx has some of the toughest side walls, but i'm also worried about the flex because my 33 inch swamper LTB's dont flex for bananas, does any body have any input??

I ran the TrXus MTs before and they performed very well off-road. The soft tread gripped rocks VERY well, even when wet. They flex very well when aired down but that is partly due to the fact they only have a 2-ply sidewall. That was my only concern with them off-road - getting cut open on sharp rocks, but luckily it never happened in the 8 months or so I ran them.

I don't have any experience with the SXs so I won't comment.

sx's are heavy and bias so not the best for DD, my ltbs flex great, how much psi you running? pretty much sx if your not gonna see much pavement and trxus if you are.

I have the MT/s and i love them. Great tire, if you search on here that all everyone says about them. butwhen i got mine in early Dec. Everyone was telling me they were on back order till like march this year.

Ive ran the Trxus on the rocks. Great tire at 8psi, on road, mud, sand. They are awesome in the snow. Now I got the bias ply TSL's, not so great on the road, great on rocks, mud, sand, and ok in the snow, at 4 psi. The TSL's will wear a lot faster than the radial Trxus.

I did puncutre a sidewall on the Trxus though, NW trees can get you. Bias plys are a lot stronger, IMO.

A search on the tire will bring up some great discussions.

I've had both. I had 33 TrXus on my last YJ. I went down to about 10 pounds and they were pretty good offroad, stuck real well to the rocks, did well on the trails, and were pretty quiet. Was very pleased with them. According to interco they have a cut resistant sidewall whatever that means.

The TSL SX's were one tough tire, I actually have had 3 different sets of them. Offroad they were amazing, got me through a lot of stuff, of course the locker helped. On road 1 of my sets was pretty well, balanced out good, didn't ride terrible, but that was on a YJ. I had another set on my XJ and absolutely hated them, wouldnt balance, xj rode TERRIBLE. But I drove it every day too.

Offroad I would say the SX's are gonna hold up to more crap, but they are rock hard and wont wrap around rocks like the TrXus do. I would swing towards the TrXus.

I am running 36" irocks, bias ply. I love them, but they are NOT daily driver tires. They ride fine, but are wearing fast!!!

I have run SX's, never had a round one. Great tire off road, not worth a two year old's diaper after eating a bean burrito on road.

I am trying to save up enough to get a set of all terrains, just run two sets of tires. One for fun, and one for work.

Back