• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 axles

klcs

NAXJA Forum User
I have A 93 8.25 27 spline axle. I want to order 29 spline axles and locker, i have done some research and it seems the 29 sp axles are a little shorter, 97 and up. Is that a problem. Who is better Superior or Alloy USA

To my knowlege 27 spline and 29 spline axle shafts are the same length. If you want to get 29 spline shafts you will also need a new carrier and since you want a locker, I suggest looking at a full Detroit or ARB since those lockers replace the carrier. Just make sure you specify 29 spline when you order.

I enjoyed your book, Eric. Thanks for all the idea's and info.

As for the axles they are the same length. Alloy and Superior are both good brands and I will go with which ever is cheaper.
As for the carrier, I dunno? Does the whole carrier need replaced or just the gears? Could you keep your carrier and just swap in a 29 spline Lock Right?
I have a 93 also and that is as far as I have gotten.

You sure about that?

ttocsnekia said:
You can use the carrier, just replace the 2 spiders.

spobi

The 27 spline carrier bores are not large enough to allow a 29 spline axle through. You need a larger carrier meant for 29 spline axles.

Back