• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS and downshifting

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I suspect i have a faulting TPS, as i have random idle and strange throttle tendencies. Same symptoms i had on my last TPS a few years ago. I suspect the hoodvents are the cause. i will try waterproofing the new one.

anyways, does the TPS control the downshifiting of the AW4? lately i have been slowing down to stoplights, and i will find my AW4 downshifting instead of coasting, effectively compression braking. it is pretty annoying, and the detroit locker bitches about it too whenevr the torque switches.

-Tim

not sure about the tranny question, but on your purchase of a new TPS, I am pretty sure you can 2 dif sensors from the dealership, and one has an orange rubber gasket around where it goes into the throttle body, that orange gasket really helps it be more waterproof as opposed to the ones without it. make sure you get that one when you guy yours.

beakie said:
not sure about the tranny question, but on your purchase of a new TPS, I am pretty sure you can 2 dif sensors from the dealership, and one has an orange rubber gasket around where it goes into the throttle body, that orange gasket really helps it be more waterproof as opposed to the ones without it. make sure you get that one when you guy yours.

thats great to know, how much does the dealer charge for one? i know thats the auto parts store was like $69 last time. im sure the dealer is like $99 at least. would a tiny tiny bead of rtv not accomplish the same?

-Tim

Back