• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE vs others...

kewlkatdady

NAXJA Forum User
Instead of hijacking Ricky's thread about the PORC SYE...
I decided to ask this is a new thread...

I'm a huge skeptic and a big believer in "You get what you pay for"

From people that have experience with this and other SYE's...

1. what is it lacking.
2. why is it so much less expensive compared to the "others"
3. why wouldn't someone pay alot less for what looks to be a HD SYE with a lifetime warranty?

Am I missing something?

I'm fixin to embark on a HP44/9" swap so I am going to do the SYE and driveshaft at the same time.

If there is a difference I don't know what it is. All I know is my brother is not afraid to test his out with his 36" iroks. He has beat the hell out of it!!!!-------------Kyle

I wouldn't have minded a hijacking, it completely fits with the subject.

Their price is worrying isnt it!!! But don't. First off, the company that manufactures their SYE is able to offer it at a highly discounted price because of a few reasons:

*No R&D, they simply copied the one already available
*Cheaper cost of materials
*Cheaper labor (made somewhere in Asia)
*Less marketing

All this adds up to a cheaper price for the consumer in the end.

I have looked at various SYE kits, and honestly, the PORC appears to have higher quality.

As some have already posted, this kit has been pushed to the limits and has never failed. Honestly, you will blow the transfercase, driveline, etc long before any part of this kit fails.

To specifically answer your questions;

What is it lacking?
A m8x1.25 16mm bolt to hold down the speedometer assembly (about $.03 at local hardware store)

why is it so much less expensive compared to the "others"
See above

why wouldn't someone pay alot less for what looks to be a HD SYE with a lifetime warranty?
Some people are little too obsessed with a 'Made in the USA' sticker being on every part of their Jeep.

Back