• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering wheel problem

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
My steering wheel is very very loose. It seems to me that the tilt lever doesnt engage all the way or their is some bolts that are loose. The shaft dosent move at all just the tilt part. Is there any way to fix it?

Yes..... but you'll need a FSM. There's a shitload of parts in there that have to come out in a very specific order. You may have some loose internal bolts, but they'll be behind all the lever arms for turn signals and wipers.

What year vehicle? It might be easier just to get a whole column out of a junkyard for you.

you'll need steering wheel puller or equivalent, set of pics or small flatblade screwdrivers,pull all the guts out (ign cylinder,turn sig mechanism,haz switch,once you get all that out you'll see some torx head bolts that have become loose, I removed them, threadlocked them and reinstalled them,I couldn't get a 3/8inch torx socket in there and couldn't get one locally so I used a standard 1/4inch socket and it fit tight on the torx head to tighten them up. took a couple hours and some fine finger finness,hope this helps!

Oh man, sounds like its gonna be a FUN weekend. woohoo, cant wait. Jeeps a 91. Thanks guys for the info.

Back