• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 re aal + s10 springs +xj main leaf= how much lift

I recently did a bastard pack for a friend and it was all the s-10 leafs 3 xj leafs and the xj main leaf. Netted like 5" easy. We pulled the main s-10 leaf and the xj leafs and it was arround 3" and was much better suited for the 3" coil spring.

I got 2.5" out of just the XJ main leaf, the 2 middle Blazer(S-10) leaves and the bottom(shortest) XJ leaf.

I'd guess adding a long AAL would get you aproximately 4" +/- 1/4".

I know that this reply is kinda of old, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question, so here we go. I currently have RE 3.5" leaf springs in the rear w/ 1.25 shackle. I want to try and just build off the current springs, but 90% of the write ups seem to be using OEM XJ main leaf. What can I use to comprise a bastard pack with the RE 3.5" springs? S-10, Dak, AAL? I'm just trying to achieve 5.5 to 6.5" of lift at a minimum amount of mula.

I haven't done mine yet, but are the RE leafs longer than the stockies? If they are not, I don't think you'd have a problem using any of the leafs meantioned in the write ups.

splitz said:
As long as we are on this topic, do you use lock washers with the centering pins?
Nope I did not for any of the AAL sets I have put together.

If the RE springs are longer, what difference would it make to use S-10, AAL, and etc.? Can't they be just cut down to size?

Back