• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Mountain 1/20

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
A run up the rock garden on Gold Mountain before its closed on the 22nd.

Details to follow.

karstic said:
A run up the rock garden on Gold Mountain before its closed on the 22nd.

Details to follow.

why is it closed on the 22nd??

i think theres a root or plant that grows thrue the rocks that there worried about,:huh:

xjkevin said:
i think theres a root or plant that grows thrue the rocks that there worried about,:huh:

It grows near the rock garden and since the rock garden isn't part of the trail according to the Forest Service it is being closed as being next to the area of concern.

Are you joking me? That sucks. That trail is really sweet. Wish I could make it.
-Allem

Interested too...... :laugh3:

We will have to watch the weather as there may be a "storm" coming in within next 10 days that could dump some snow up there... let's hope so....

witt said:
where's Gold Mtn.?
im interested. . . is this a day run? or a 1-2 day thing?

Gold Mtn is in Big Bear. This is just a day run as far as I know. Usually folks run Gold Mtn and some other trail depending on # of rigs and how they are built.

very interested....as long as there isnt too much snow.....wife B-Day and she doesnt wanna freeze! Is there a meeting time/area? I've ran it twice b4....john bull or holcomb are good follow-up trails but I wanna run dishpan some time....

Plan is to run Gold Mountain and at least one other trail, either John Bull or Holcomb. Maybe grab a few geocaches. I'm leaning towards Holcomb cause I haven't run the whole trail.
We'll meet at the Discovery Center and go from there.

karstic said:
Plan is to run Gold Mountain and at least one other trail, either John Bull or Holcomb. Maybe grab a few geocaches. I'm leaning towards Holcomb cause I haven't run the whole trail.
We'll meet at the Discovery Center and go from there.

That sounds like a plan. I would say that most folks can Gold Mountain, but Holcomb can be alot more challenging, especially if there is snow/ice on the trail. Ask Johnny and some of the guys that ran it on Christmas Eve....

BUT, we could also split into 2 groups after Gold Mountain: 1 could go to Holcomb Creek and the other could do a less difficult trail. This would allow for a good size group on Gold Mountain, then the 2nd trails would be based vehicle preparedness (?).....

Just an idea...

rpraterxj said:
I would say that most folks can Gold Mountain, but Holcomb can be alot more challenging, especially if there is snow/ice on the trail. Ask Johnny and some of the guys that ran it on Christmas Eve....

That's a BIG 10-4.

So what time???

9 am at the Disco Center?? Or earlier?

xjohnnyc said:
So what time???

9 am at the Disco Center?? Or earlier?

Meet @ 830am, leave for the trail @ 9am.

Back