• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride Harshness?????????

ricko70

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 that I bought with a 3 inch lift already done. The front end required new bushings to cure a DW situation so I installed poly bushings and it really stiffened up the ride but now it seems really too stiff? I was wondering if changing the shocks would be of help. They are new Gabriels also installed by the PO. Also if that were to be the case, how do you find shocks that take into account the raised configuration (3 inch )??????????????
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

most shock makers that deal with lifted suspensions have listings for 0-3,4-5 etc you probably wana go through a shop that deals with off road vehicles and order a set of shocks. When I had my gabriels on my old 3 inch it rode like shit put on cheapo pro comps and rides much better and I got to use the procomps on the 4 inch lift too

Poly bushings are known to have a more harsh ride....and the control arm angle at 3" adds to the harshness...

Back