• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking lights stay on?!?

NoCoastFocus

NAXJA Forum User
My jeeps parking lights stay on when lights are off and the car is shut off. I disconnected the battery and sure enough, they came back on when I connected it again. I am not sure what is going wrong. I did some searching and read that it could possibly be a fuse or a relay, but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Any ideas? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Also, the comp is throwing codes 0700 and 0705. I am thinking this is from the reverse switch being broken on the tranny. About a week ago the reverse lights started staying on all the time, like the parking lights now, but I just pulled the bulbs and called it good so the battery wouldn't die. Anyway, a little extra history in case it matters thanks.

check the wiring probably a short to voltage somewhere down the line. grab your volt meter and start at one end and work your way to the other isolating a section at a time. also try unpluging the switch. if the lights go out then your switch is shorted. a service manual should have a diagram that would show conectors on the circuit to help isolate the short

Back