• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to Buy A Joint

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok not that type of a joint. I would like to build my own 4 link using johnny joints, or should I use heim joints. I would like to know what would be the best and where would be the best place to buy them. Also I would need the weld in inserts. Let me describe best to you. Best product for the money.

Stay away from the Currie joints,get RE Superflex joints,youll like them alot better down the road!

http://www.spidertrax.com

They have all the joints and inserts you would need. They will even custom cut tubing to your lenghts, or fab to your specs. They are just down the road from me so I go over and pick my stuff up. It is a well run business. They have their own cnc machines and do beautiful work. Their inserts look like modern art they are machined so nice.

Poke around on their site, they make some insane competition rigs.

RCP Phx said:
Stay away from the Currie joints,get RE Superflex joints,youll like them alot better down the road!

I'm about to take all of my superflex joints off and put currie joints in their place. I'm running SF joints at the trackbar and both ends of my uppers, one end of my lowers (only 2 rubber bushings in the whole front end).

Superflex joints use hard teflon that passes a LOT of roadvibe on, and I keep wearing out the joints on my uppers.

Currie's joints use a poly liner instead of teflon, that seems to damper a bit more road vibe and hold up a bit longer.

cal said:
I'm about to take all of my superflex joints off and put currie joints in their place. I'm running SF joints at the trackbar and both ends of my uppers, one end of my lowers (only 2 rubber bushings in the whole front end).

Superflex joints use hard teflon that passes a LOT of roadvibe on, and I keep wearing out the joints on my uppers.

Currie's joints use a poly liner instead of teflon, that seems to damper a bit more road vibe and hold up a bit longer.

You make some good points, I will research all of these. But also keep in mind this is a trail only rig. Trailer queen.

NRT_Chris said:
How many JJ have you owned?
None personally.My friend had Currie arms on his rig,and since I own a press guess who got to help re-shim/rebuild them.Theyre a PITA,they also dont take grease well.He ended up swapping them out with my old RE arms.As far as noise goes,He's never said anything about that!

Currie now sells a press that you can use under the jeep to change the bushings. I have to disagree about the not taking grease well statement. I have had them on my jeep for about a year and have never had a issue with them taking grease. Dose your friend still have the arms? I could use some on anther project.

NRT_Chris said:
Dose your friend still have the arms? I could use some on anther project.
No,that was 4 yrs ago.

Back