• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAPA Fuel Pump

Hamer460

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed a NAPA fuel pump on my 93 Country 4.0. New pump has studs for wire hook up and adapters for the wire clips that go on the studs with nuts. Hooked it up the same as stock with + on one post and - on the other. No markings on new pump. The heep would not start. Pump would run when I tried to start but no fuel press. After beating my head for awhile I switched the wires. Bingo cranked right up. So a checked the old one to see if I screwed up and no I did the same as the old pump. Just thought I would post my findings to help soneone else just like this site has done for me many times.

Did the exact same thing with my 89 fuel pump, got a napa one and replaced one wire at a time as not to screw anything up, sure enough, backwards!!!To make matters worse It is an aftermarket fuel tank with a crappy pump retainer ring and crap square cut seal (use the stock o-ring style seal)that kept leaking. Good thing is I can re+re the pump in less that 35 minutes!

Back