• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BURP

burping is purging the air out of your cooling system. the closed system is on pre-h.o. renix rigs. they switched to open in 92?. closed uses an expansion bottle for coolant to expand into and has no radiator cap where open has an overflow bottle and a radiator cap. i have a renix rig and like my closed system though a lot of people seem to switch to open because it can be a problematic system.

If you happen to be wondering "how to" burp the system.

I usually drill a 1/16" hole in the middle of the center ring directly straight up on the t-stat.

Then park your jeep uphill, leave your cap off your cooling system, and run it til it warms up far enough to cycle, you will literally see bubbles 'burping' out of the system, after 20-30 minutes of this, close it up, and you shouldnt have the chance of any air pockets hiding in your coolant system.

Back