• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase on 00'

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
hey will a 92' np 242 bolt up 2 a 00' Aw4?! i have heard they changed the yokes on 97's and up?!is that true?!

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np231.htm
00G003RR.jpg

Last edited:
so does that mean it wll fit if its the 23 spline?

blackdoutxj said:
so does that mean it wll fit if its the 23 spline?
You also need to know the spline length!

o ok!! ill go look!

It will fit if the spline count and length match, but the speedometer signal generator changed somewhere in there from mechanical to electronic, and there was a change in the transfer case tailcone design- you may need to switch the tailpiece (including speedo drive) from the old transfer case onto the new one. Is the old tailpiece and innerds OK? If the length is different, you will need to check your driveshaft length too, but I have not seen this posted as an issue.

ya im coverting an xj from 2wd to 4wd all i need is a new tranny, the tcase i hhave is a 23 spline, but i still have yet to measure the lenght yet...and yes the innerds are fine as the tail piece, the tcase is from a 91' xj, its a np 242 with 23spline, i also have the f/r driveshafts!

Back