PDA

View Full Version : Walker Valley Jan 21st

Blkxjkrawler
January 2nd, 2007, 21:12
Who's interested in doing a Walker Valley Run the day after the Holiday party at Michael's? I have 2 other rigs going with me right now. We will probably run upper mainline, and the expressway then go play on lower mainline, and see what else we can find. It will be a fun time. For those not familar with Walker Valley here is the trip report from last month
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=900242

I would say a Minimum of 3 inch lift and 31 inch tires, rocker protection, or a complete disregard for body damage

CanMan
January 2nd, 2007, 21:16
Im in for the complete disregard for body damage. :D

2xtreme
January 2nd, 2007, 22:05
Ryan, You can't claim "complete disregard for body damage" at Walker Valley. That quote is already taken for Elbe ORV. You will have to come up with a new one ;)

Sorry, I doubt I will be able to make this one (I think we are supposed to be snowshoeing), but make sure the starting time for your run is early to get those spending the night at my place out of my house as early as possible:loveu:

Michael

XJCasper
January 2nd, 2007, 23:10
If I remember correctly, Walker Valley is North of Seattle.

How far?

ECKSJAY
January 3rd, 2007, 00:03

How far?

Couple hours. Due East of Mt Vernon.

bean8104
January 3rd, 2007, 05:57
yeah i should be back in the states by then so just let me know the specifics. im not real fam- with Walker Valley anymore. but im game. i should be bigger by then too

2000 w/ 4.5 and 33's hopefully bt then

Blkxjkrawler
January 3rd, 2007, 08:06

How far?

About an hour and a half from Sea-tac airport straight up I-5, then another 15-20 minutes east. but only about 35-45 minutes from Michaels if your already up for the holiday party.

Incidently,by special request we will be starting at 6 AM
Edit: Wait, Thats 9 AM, sorry Michael :D

2xtreme
January 3rd, 2007, 09:47
Incidently,by special request we will be starting at 6 AM
Edit: Wait, Thats 9 AM, sorry Michael :D

There is NO way you could get them out of bed by then.
Sounds good, I was just giving you guys all a bad time.

I would give 45min to get there from my place if you haven't been there before. I can give them directions from my place, it isn't that straitforward going up the backroads.

Michael

norcal420
January 3rd, 2007, 11:36
Dang it... I need to wheel with you guys again (it's been awhile since the Tahuya newbie run).

However, I'm leaving for the Caribbean on 1/21 so....nevermind.
:guitar: :anon: :guitar: :eyes: :guitar: :greensmok

IXNAYXJ
January 3rd, 2007, 13:33
Sign me up. Hopefully we won't have to play lumberjack on Expressway this time!

-----Matt-----

ECKSJAY
January 3rd, 2007, 14:21
There is NO way you could get them out of bed by then.

To hell with that...I'd be at the trailhead at 0530 with a cup of coffee and a grin from ear to ear. :D

IXNAYXJ
January 3rd, 2007, 14:22
To hell with that...I'd be at the trailhead at 0530 with a cup of coffee and a grin from ear to ear......all by yourself. ;)

Does that mean you're going to come?

-----Matt-----

RRT
January 3rd, 2007, 16:10
I will be there for sure!! Walker Valley is one of my favorite places to wheel. Probably bring my old man along ( YJ Guy from Jack's Pass snow run). Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. Had alot of fun.

IXNAYXJ
January 3rd, 2007, 16:36
I will be there for sure!! Walker Valley is one of my favorite places to wheel. Probably bring my old man along ( YJ Guy from Jack's Pass snow run). Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. Had alot of fun.Cool. It was really great meeting you and your Dad, Rick. You're welcome to wheel with us anytime.

-----Matt-----

ECKSJAY
January 3rd, 2007, 17:21
...all by yourself. ;)

Does that mean you're going to come?

-----Matt-----

I don't see why not. Have a few noises to investigate on my Jeep and get fixed before then, but I should be ready.

IXNAYXJ
January 3rd, 2007, 17:38
Have a few noises to investigate on my Jeep and get fixed before then....Are those bad? :dunce:

Hope to see you then.

-----Matt-----

ECKSJAY
January 3rd, 2007, 17:41
Are those bad? :dunce:

Hope to see you then.

-----Matt-----

These ones are. These aren't normal noises. :greensmok

GreenbeltXJ
January 4th, 2007, 19:01
I'm lookin forward to it!

RRT
January 7th, 2007, 08:16
Hopefully we get an early start. I am an all day wheeler. As long as my equipmeny holds up. There is a grocery store in Arlington, (Thrifty Foods?) right off of Hwy 9. Probably a good place to meet. I usually go in from that side. But I am open for any suggestions. See ya there!!

Blkxjkrawler
January 7th, 2007, 14:13
Hopefully we get an early start. I am an all day wheeler. As long as my equipmeny holds up. There is a grocery store in Arlington, (Thrifty Foods?) right off of Hwy 9. Probably a good place to meet. I usually go in from that side. But I am open for any suggestions. See ya there!!

I was going to set the meeting time at 9 am at the GI Joes parking lot on College Way in Mt. Vernon. Its right off of I-5 and is really easy for most people to find. Then head out to the trail head from there. If your coming up 9 maybe we could just meet at the trail head? I usually go from the large one off peter burns road as opposed to the lake cavanaugh side. I think there are some people camping out at Michaels house, and I dont know which way he was going to direct them up. I got the feeling he was going to send them up 9. Maybe you can lead a group up that way. Either way, we'll get it shored up as the date draws nearer.
Ryan

2xtreme
January 7th, 2007, 20:59
I was going to set the meeting time at 9 am at the GI Joes parking lot on College Way in Mt. Vernon. Its right off of I-5 and is really easy for most people to find. Then head out to the trail head from there. If your coming up 9 maybe we could just meet at the trail head? I usually go from the large one off peter burns road as opposed to the lake cavanaugh side. I think there are some people camping out at Michaels house, and I dont know which way he was going to direct them up. I got the feeling he was going to send them up 9. Maybe you can lead a group up that way. Either way, we'll get it shored up as the date draws nearer.
Ryan

I have always gone to Walker from Hwy 9. I exit I-5 at Lake McMurray exit and head out to Hwy 9 and then up to the road (not sure of the name without looking it up, after the firestation).

It would be much easier for me to direct them to GI-Joes;) I am not sure the best way to get out there from Mt. Vernon without looking at a map.

I will assume you are meeting at GI-Joes unless I read otherwise.

Michael

JBweld
January 7th, 2007, 21:16
I'm in, unless the Seahawks are still contenders. Can't miss the playoffs. 'Course, they have to get past the Bears first.

Go Hawks!

Blkxjkrawler
January 8th, 2007, 17:28
I have always gone to Walker from Hwy 9. I exit I-5 at Lake McMurray exit and head out to Hwy 9 and then up to the road (not sure of the name without looking it up, after the firestation).

It would be much easier for me to direct them to GI-Joes;) I am not sure the best way to get out there from Mt. Vernon without looking at a map.

I will assume you are meeting at GI-Joes unless I read otherwise.

Michael

Yes, I will be meeting everyone at Gi Joes and then leading out to Walker. There are numerous roads including College way,that connect with 9. I just figured a straight shot up I-5 would be easier than trying to navigate the back county roads.
Ryan

IXNAYXJ
January 8th, 2007, 17:30
I'm in, unless the Seahawks are still contenders. Can't miss the playoffs. 'Course, they have to get past the Bears first.

Go Hawks!Hmph. Some people sure love their baseball.... :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

XJCasper
January 8th, 2007, 20:16
Anybody know what Exit the GI Joes is at?

CanMan
January 8th, 2007, 20:49
Anybody know what Exit the GI Joes is at?

Exit #227 SR538/ E. College way.

XJCasper
January 8th, 2007, 23:46
Thank you

mud1059
January 10th, 2007, 23:41
Hmph. Some people sure love their baseball.... :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

baseball - football same thing. Just like an M3 and a Miata. :)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/CIMG0293.jpg

XJCasper
January 11th, 2007, 00:24
Ouch

:cheers:

IXNAYXJ
January 11th, 2007, 10:07
baseball - football same thing. Just like an M3 and a Miata. :)Ha! That's funny; I've got one of each.... :)

-----Matt-----

mud1059
January 11th, 2007, 14:25
I can't get ya on anything. I can't win, you own girly cars, sexy cars, and a unibody wheeler. What more could a man ask for? Maybe a girlfriend without pillowpants? :D

edit: i forgot the smily

IXNAYXJ
January 11th, 2007, 14:30
Glad you edited that, Paul. We were just about to vote you off the island.

-----Matt-----

P.S. :D

mud1059
January 11th, 2007, 14:58
Dude, I'm not so sure I want on your BFUF island! Maybe I'll just stay a ways off the coast and fish for a bit.

No smily this time.

:)

Damn

JBweld
January 15th, 2007, 17:19
Well...Josh Brown couldn't save the Seahawks this time. Even so, I won't be able to wheel on Sunday. But, I'll be seeing some of you on Saturday.

CanMan
January 15th, 2007, 17:32
Well...Josh Brown couldn't save the Seahawks this time. Even so, I won't be able to wheel on Sunday. But, I'll be seeing some of you on Saturday.

Same boat, see other post.

IXNAYXJ
January 15th, 2007, 17:35
Oh, by the way guys, it's Cody's Birthday on the 21st. Not gonna do a surprise party like Adam's, but we'll think up some kind of appropriate ceremony.
:firedevil

EDIT: Ha! I have as many posts as the year it is...wow. :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

GreenbeltXJ
January 15th, 2007, 20:45
Oh, by the way guys, it's Cody's Birthday on the 22nd. Not gonna do a surprise party like Adam's, but we'll think up some kind of appropriate ceremony.

EDIT: Ha! I have as many posts as the year it is...wow. :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

Blkxjkrawler
January 15th, 2007, 20:56
Oh, by the way guys, it's Cody's Birthday on the 22nd. Not gonna do a surprise party like Adam's, but we'll think up some kind of appropriate ceremony.

-----Matt-----

SNIFF SNIFF, uh-oh, do I smell Cordite?

Blkxjkrawler
January 15th, 2007, 21:47
1 week out for this trip, Post up Who's still coming

So far I have
Myself-Ryan (Blkxjkrawler) +
Matt (Ixnayxj) +
Cody (Greenbeltxj) +
Rick (RRT), and his dad "YJ Guy" ?
Jason (XJcasper) ?

Again, We are meeting Sunday the 21rst at 9am, GI Joes Parking lot On College way In Mt. Vernon. Take I-5 north, exit #227 SR538/E. College Way. You will see Gi joes from the off ramp, turn right at the light at bottom of offramp and the right again just after Dennys. Any questions shoot me a PM.
Hope to see you there
Ryan

GreenbeltXJ
January 15th, 2007, 22:32
i will have another guy in a wrangler going up with me, he read this thread and wanted to tag along.

XJCasper
January 16th, 2007, 01:16
Did some slight fender trimming. Will be there to see if how much more I need to get rid of.

Might have an old neighbor riding along.

Invited Brian, but he might be up Snowboarding.

RRT
January 16th, 2007, 09:51
What time you guys think you will be at Walker? & are you going to gather in the main parking lot? I will be coming up hwy 9, but I believe the way I normally go brings me in on the Peter Burns Rd.

Blkxjkrawler
January 16th, 2007, 10:14
Rick,
Peter Burns road should dead end at the main trail head for walker. That is were we will be entering from. We should be there at about 930

Slacker87XJ
January 16th, 2007, 10:35
I'm in.

RRT
January 16th, 2007, 10:57
Sweet! Can't hardly wait. I probably won't sleep until Sunday night now. OH WELL!! Let's go play!

IXNAYXJ
January 16th, 2007, 11:34
Sweet! Can't hardly wait. I probably won't sleep until Sunday night now. OH WELL!! Let's go play!Looking forward to it, guys!

-----Matt-----

Blkxjkrawler
January 16th, 2007, 12:03
I'm in.

Glad to here it Ian!!!

Ryan

XJCasper
January 16th, 2007, 22:48
Should we gas up before GI Joes? Or will there be a Top Off Stop before the Trails start?

CanMan
January 16th, 2007, 22:53
Should we gas up before GI Joes? Or will there be a Top Off Stop before the Trails start?

There are a few gas stations near GI Joes. One in the same parking lot, as a matter of fact.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/ryanbarrett4/Walker%20pics/100_0257.jpg

Blkxjkrawler
January 21st, 2007, 00:00
Again, We are meeting Sunday the 21rst at 9am, GI Joes Parking lot On College way In Mt. Vernon. Take I-5 north, exit #227 SR538/E. College Way. You will see Gi joes from the off ramp, turn right at the light at bottom of offramp and the right again just after Dennys. Any questions shoot me a PM.
Hope to see you there
Ryan

Bump, Trails are nasty with a mix of mud & snow so be prepared.

RRT
January 21st, 2007, 07:21
leaving nnow. heading in from the hwy 9 side, see ya ther. running channel 4, meet ya in the parking lot. (425)422-6275 is my cell #.

IXNAYXJ
January 21st, 2007, 08:45
To anyone planning one coming to Walker Valley:

Most of the group is already up here in Mt. Vernon, but we're having some technical difficulties and are running slightly late. We will be out at the Walker trailhead by 0930-0945.

Hope to see you there, Jason.

If anyone has any question or needs directions, call my cell at 425.785.2954.

-----Matt-----

Blkxjkrawler
January 21st, 2007, 19:03
WOW... That is all I can say. We just finished off an AMAZING day of wheeling. We had terrain ranging from rocks, stumps and fallen tree's, to snow, and of course nasty deep slick mud. Thanks to all of the people that made the drive, and made today a success. Now post up your pics.
Ryan

T&A-XJ
January 21st, 2007, 19:46
Definatly a good time, thanks for the map and showing me/us around. I will have to get up there again soon.

XJOFFROAD
January 21st, 2007, 20:15
tranny took a dump last week, wish i could've gone. wheres the pics?

Blkxjkrawler
January 21st, 2007, 20:41
Definatly a good time, thanks for the map and showing me/us around. I will have to get up there again soon.

No problem Tim, thank you for your good memory! There will definately be another run up there in the near future. Especially since they are going to be clear cutting the section of lower mainline we came down today this spring/summer :mad:

andy a
January 21st, 2007, 20:43
wish we coulda made it, sounds like you had fun. We thought we would "slap in" a new set of ball joints Saturday.............. :explosion after finding
a good press ( thank to this forum.....) we got them done today. Oh well, I have more fender trimming to do anyway. Anyway, thanx again for the invite, and I hope to be on the next one.

Andy

JBweld
January 21st, 2007, 22:56

Hey Tim! Sorry I missed you guys. Couldn't make it down for Sunday.

I managed to get really stuck on Saturday though.

Where's the pics?

XJCasper
January 21st, 2007, 23:06
Did not take many pics. If someone wants copies to save/post, whatever. Get me an E-mail address and I will forward them on. Matt will probably be the most interested, most are of his XJ.

Blkxjkrawler
January 22nd, 2007, 08:18
Where's the pics?

Matts camera took a crap on sunday so at this point we are thinking that all of the pics for the weekend might be lost. That would include certain photographic evidence of one persons stuck on saturday:bawl:

RRT
January 22nd, 2007, 08:41
Got home @ 8pm. Ran up & down trail while the toyota's were licking their wounds !! Then got stuck (more like buried!!) Had to self recover due to inadequate help on scene. But it was so damn fun! Eventually got everyone out & made it home safely. My rig now looks like it was Rhinolined by Ray Charles & Stevie wonder in brown of course. Can't wait to go again. There is a night & day difference between going with people with capable rigs & good driving skill & those who may lack a little common knowledge. You guys at NAXJA are the best group of guys I have ever wheeled with & I look forward to doing it again. See ya all soon!! & Thanx for letting me tag along.

T&A-XJ
January 22nd, 2007, 08:58
No problem Tim, thank you for your good memory! There will definately be another run up there in the near future. Especially since they are going to be clear cutting the section of lower mainline we came down today this spring/summer :mad:

Spotty memory at best but it worked out.

I will need to get back there then, the lower mainline is a great trail. Even better going up.

Hey Tim! Sorry I missed you guys. Couldn't make it down for Sunday.

I managed to get really stuck on Saturday though.

Next time, next time...

JBweld
January 22nd, 2007, 09:52
Well that sucks about Matt's camera. Not to upset about the missing "evidence" ;)

It sounds like you ran the same trail from the same direction? How was the rest of it?

ECKSJAY
January 22nd, 2007, 09:55
If Matt wants to swing by and drop off the camera/memory card, I've got some recovery tools I can try...unless the camera was so buggered it didn't actually take the pics.

:dunno:

Blkxjkrawler
January 22nd, 2007, 10:38
Well that sucks about Matt's camera. Not to upset about the missing "evidence" ;)

It sounds like you ran the same trail from the same direction? How was the rest of it?

We actually ran it in the opposite direction so we came down it. it was a blast and strangley enough there was a toyota on 35 toyo mt's REALLY stuck in a very familiar hole when we got to the bottom

If Matt wants to swing by and drop off the camera/memory card, I've got some recovery tools I can try...unless the camera was so buggered it didn't actually take the pics.

:dunno:

It took pictures but late in the afternoon it just locked up and wouldnt do anything and said there was no data on the mem card or the internal memory. I think he and Ian are working on getting into it.

JBweld
January 22nd, 2007, 10:41
it was a blast and strangley enough there was a toyota on 35 toyo mt's REALLY stuck in a very familiar hole when we got to the bottom

Toyo's are the shizzle yo!

Blkxjkrawler
January 22nd, 2007, 10:43
Toyo's are the shizzle yo!

Fo rizzle do

ECKSJAY
January 22nd, 2007, 10:49
It took pictures but late in the afternoon it just locked up and wouldnt do anything and said there was no data on the mem card or the internal memory. I think he and Ian are working on getting into it.

UGH. I wonder if there's a firmware upgrade for it. :(

:hang:

adamusmc2002
January 22nd, 2007, 12:01
RRT, did i meet you Saturday morning, or were you only there for Sunday? Either way, thanks for the NAXJA compliment :)

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 12:13
I'll load what I have tonight.

Later

IXNAYXJ
January 22nd, 2007, 14:40
Really great guys! I have a whole new appreciation for Walker. The trails are the equal of almost anything I've wheeled at Evans, Naches or TSF, and that's including Little Rubicon.

Stay tuned for a March Mudfest that Ryan and I will likely be throwing together.

As to the camera, I think the memory card just took a dump. I've hooked it up to my computer and it shows nothing on the card, and it won't accept any new pics either. I'm really pissed because there were some REALLY cool shots from this weekend, and some awesome videos of us (Tim, Ian, and myself) going up the rock face on Expressway.

I'll be happy to let you take a look at it if you think you can make any progress, Phil. I might drop by this afternoon.

Anyway, one of the best wheeling/socializing weekends I can remember. And we logged 56 hours with the Dept of Natural Resources at the Walker clean-up on Saturday! :)

-----Matt-----

GreenbeltXJ
January 22nd, 2007, 22:11
ive got some pics that i will load up tomarrow, including the "evidence"...

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 22:55
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker1.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 22:56
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker2.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 22:57
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker3.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 22:58
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker4.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 22:59
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker5.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:00
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker6.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:00
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker7.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:01
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker8.jpg

XJCasper
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker9.jpg

XJCasper
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker10.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:02
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker11.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:02
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker12.jpg

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:03
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/XJCasper/walker13.jpg

Slacker87XJ
January 22nd, 2007, 23:04
That was a great day - Walker Valley is lots of fun and very scenic in the clearcut parts (you can see the straits and the San Juans - way cool).

Here's a few crappy pics from my cell phone:

Cody diving into a mudhole:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071152a.jpg

Reverse angle:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071154.jpg

After lunch posing (what NWC run is complete without posing?) :)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071334a.jpg

Taking 5 ...
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071543.jpg

.. While Tim re-seats a blown bead. Now I know it's not as scary as I imagined. No ether required!
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071545.jpg

One of two stuck 'yotas we found. This one blew up a Birfield joint, and they'd all been there for 3+ hours. Apparently a 48857:1 crawl ratio is irrelevant if you only have 18hp to spin your 35" MTRs ... :D
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071600a.jpg

View from the same spot, looking N towards Chuckanut drive and out into the Islands. This pic does it no justice at all.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/slacker16v/0121071602a.jpg

..and some awesome videos of us (Tim, Ian, and myself) going up the rock face on Expressway.

I hope you can recover the pics and vids from that bit, they were awesome! I didn't see Tim go up, but I imagine he made it look easy. :)

I went up it next, and after 3 failed crawl attempts, I firewalled it and aimed for low earth orbit. To quote Matt while he was filming ".. HOLY S**TBALLS!!!" One of Rick's friends got part of it, I asked why the rest wasn't there, he replied "well, thats where I started running." :shocked:

Matt got up no problem as well, and after stalling out and recovering on the off camber bit, pulled up and smoked all of my cigarettes. At once.

Great to meet some new people out there, and I hope to run it again soon. Rick, any chance of getting some pics from your friend (whose name I've of course forgotten)?

-i

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2007, 23:31
Tim made that crawl look easy.

JBweld
January 23rd, 2007, 07:04
That looks awesome. Who made it up the rockface? I've got to get up that obstacle!

That spot the Toyota is in looks familiar!

T&A-XJ
January 23rd, 2007, 09:32
Myself, Ian(sp?) and Matt made it up the rock. Its not too bad once youve done it...although Ian kinda scared me. Next time, Next time...

Slacker87XJ
January 23rd, 2007, 10:29
Myself, Ian(sp?) and Matt made it up the rock. Its not too bad once youve done it...although Ian kinda scared me. Next time, Next time...

My apologies for that - I overreacted to the "don't fall off the side and roll it" voice in my head. Sending people scattering is not cool. Next time I'll see if I can't do with less throttle. :)

-i

T&A-XJ
January 23rd, 2007, 11:19
My apologies for that - I overreacted to the "don't fall off the side and roll it" voice in my head. Sending people scattering is not cool. Next time I'll see if I can't do with less throttle. :)

-i

Too bad the camera crapped out, would be a good watch. Especially listening to Matt as he was filming:eek:

IXNAYXJ
January 23rd, 2007, 11:36
Too bad the camera crapped out, would be a good watch. Especially listening to Matt as he was filming:eek:I think Ian is gonna work his 'puter magic on it and try to recover it. I really hope it works out, because there were some GREAT shots and videos from the day.

-----Matt-----

Slacker87XJ
January 23rd, 2007, 11:50
I think Ian is gonna work his 'puter magic on it and try to recover it. I really hope it works out, because there were some GREAT shots and videos from the day.

-----Matt-----

Not sure how much magic that would be. Boot into windows, see if it comes up. No go? Boot into ubuntu and see if it mounts. Else ... :dunno:

Phil, any good flash recovery utilities out there you know of? I've never had to recover a bad flash drive.

-i

RRT
January 23rd, 2007, 14:48
I have not found out if Jason ( co-pilot ) got any good pics or footage yet. I will get on that tonight & let you guys know ASAP.

KarlVP
January 23rd, 2007, 15:39

That rock eats SWB Jeeps for breakfast.

IXNAYXJ
January 23rd, 2007, 15:57
That rock eats SWB Jeeps for breakfast.I can imagine some wheelbase makes a big difference there. It sure gave me an adreneline rush! :smoker:

-----Matt-----

GreenbeltXJ
January 23rd, 2007, 22:25
Here is what i got, they are mainly from (lower main line?) not sure the name of the trail. i thought matt whould have most of the pics....but nooooo, he couldn't handle it:moon:
Saturday:
The only pic of jeremy stuck....yes stuck.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007004.jpg
Is that some kind of large black rat with a sweater hanging out my window?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007003.jpg
playing on a stump on our way back down.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007005.jpg
matt after giving jeremy a little tug.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007008.jpg
Jeremy, doing the Austin Powers turn around.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007010.jpg
Ryan coming back down.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007013.jpg
me dropping into a mud hole (same as Ians pic)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007015.jpg
Sunday:
Jason lighting them up going over some rocks on our way to the top.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007017.jpg
messing around during lunch.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007018.jpg

GreenbeltXJ
January 23rd, 2007, 22:34
it was very sloppy going down lower main line on sunday.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007019.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007022.jpg
Me coming down off a big tree.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007027.jpg
Rick doing the same.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007030.jpg
Group on trail.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007031.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007032.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007033.jpg
Tim and ryans dad (forgot name sorry) fixing a blown bead.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007034.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007035.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007036.jpg

i think that was the most fun i have had on a run yet! thanks matt and ryan for making it happen.
--cody

KarlVP
January 24th, 2007, 08:21
I can imagine some wheelbase makes a big difference there. It sure gave me an adreneline rush! :smoker:

-----Matt-----

Somewhere there is a gallery of fotos of folks that have rolled thier SWB rigs on it.

JBweld
January 24th, 2007, 09:34
Good pics Cody. The one of me stuck doesn't look so bad. You can't see the giant holes that are on the other side of the Jeep.

IXNAYXJ
January 24th, 2007, 09:45
Somewhere there is a gallery of fotos of folks that have rolled thier SWB rigs on it.Does the rock formation have a cool name?

-----Matt-----

GreenbeltXJ
January 24th, 2007, 10:15
Good pics Cody. The one of me stuck doesn't look so bad. You can't see the giant holes that are on the other side of the Jeep.

from the drivers side you don't even look stuck, you can see the hole in the other pic of you turning around.

KarlVP
January 28th, 2007, 22:40
Finally. I found some pics and video of that obstacle and SWB rigs.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q183/jrgaylor/?action=view&current=greg.flv

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/crapyota/misc008.jpg

railroadjeep
January 29th, 2007, 20:51
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/fzabolla/WalkerValleyJan2007034.jpg

Uh-oh, someone caught me... Dang, now I'm on the internet. :shhh:

Nice getting to get out with ya'll. That really was a fun at Walker, it's helped light that fire for me to get my Jeep back in shape. One of these days that RRJeep is gonna hit the trails again...

GreenbeltXJ
January 29th, 2007, 20:55
i wasn't gunna say anything if you didn't

gill41083
November 29th, 2007, 20:20
look like fun! is this run going to happen again this year???:dunno:

Metal Thrasher
November 29th, 2007, 20:36
look like fun! is this run going to happen again this year???:dunno:

Well the Holiday party was suggested but no one replied....
A few of us were at Walker Valley last weekend and it is defenitely fun. :cheers:

I'm sure there will be a snow run fairly soon as everyone is waiting and watching the weather.

Thanks for dredging up that thread! Thrashed Metal is in there from before I owned it!

gill41083
November 29th, 2007, 20:45
thats my favorite place to go wheelin. its close to where i live and its difficult. have had lots of fun up there with my sammy, plan on having even more with my jeep. if any one plans on going soon let me know, hope fully i will have my jeep fixed by then!!!

GreenbeltXJ
November 30th, 2007, 13:22
that would be my birthday weekend, i'd love to go. weel see if work permits.

gill41083
November 30th, 2007, 14:31
yeah some one should get some thing going for that weekend!!! i got a bunch of guys that i wheel with that would be down for a walker valley run, they drive TOYOTA'S though (gasp) but the more the merry er <<<im not a good speller er er

RRT
November 30th, 2007, 16:35
I will try my best to be there. Had a blast last time. HOPEFULLY most of the same face will be there & then some. That was a graet group of people & we seemed to cover alot of ground considering the number of rigs that was there.

fubar XJ
December 1st, 2007, 07:52
Well the Holiday party was suggested but no one replied....
A few of us were at Walker Valley last weekend and it is defenitely fun. :cheers:

I'm sure there will be a snow run fairly soon as everyone is waiting and watching the weather.

Thanks for dredging up that thread! Thrashed Metal is in there from before I owned it!

What? You guys ran Walker last weekend? Did anyone post an invite here that I failed to see? I remember it being discussed at the M&G, but saw no postings about it leading up to the weekend.

Crap, I would've gone too.

JBweld
December 1st, 2007, 09:38
Looks like we have some interest for a Walker run. Let's pick a date!

gill41083
December 1st, 2007, 11:14
should be snow up there soon, it just started snowing little flakes this morning and im a little lower than walker!!!! sweeeet

falcon1235
December 2nd, 2007, 13:14
im in just pick a date

gill41083
December 2nd, 2007, 14:38
december 15 ??? maybe?

Ba-Riedo
December 2nd, 2007, 14:41
ill be down to go since im bout 30 min away. hopefully i can get those tnt arms on mine by then

90exjay
December 2nd, 2007, 14:50
ill be down to go since im bout 30 min away. hopefully i can get those tnt arms on mine by then

Oh so your the lucky fellow who picked them up from Matt. Good score.

Sean

Ba-Riedo
December 2nd, 2007, 15:16
well not yet but im first in line. and i have his old swamper haha

IXNAYXJ
December 2nd, 2007, 15:20
well not yet but im first in line. and i have his old swamper hahaNo, they're SOLD. ;)

Which old Swamper? The SSR with the huge bulge in the sidewall?

-----Matt-----

Ba-Riedo
December 2nd, 2007, 15:32
i think its an ssr but theirs no bulge. john sold it to me, he had it on the side of his shop and ryan told me that it was proabably yours

IXNAYXJ
December 2nd, 2007, 15:42
i think its an ssr but theirs no bulge. john sold it to me, he had it on the side of his shop and ryan told me that it was proabably yoursHow much did he charge? I left them there for a while and he sold one to you and one to outlawjeeper. :roflmao:

Hope it works for you as a spare...I'm running one myself on my roof rack. :)

-----Matt-----

Ba-Riedo
December 2nd, 2007, 15:47
$80 mounted and balanced, ive never had to use it but it really helps make the back ride smooth

IXNAYXJ
December 2nd, 2007, 15:49
$20 mounted and balanced, ive never had to use it but it really helps make the back ride smoothThe price on the TnT's just went up. :D

-----Matt-----

Ba-Riedo
December 2nd, 2007, 15:55
who said $20? :eyes:

noutlawjeeper
December 4th, 2007, 22:20
How much did he charge? I left them there for a while and he sold one to you and one to outlawjeeper. :roflmao:

Hope it works for you as a spare...I'm running one myself on my roof rack. :)

-----Matt-----

sold isn't the term i would use.

is there going to be a run up there any time soon? north-enders got any ideas?

WaXJ_Skier
December 4th, 2007, 22:23

IR in for a run sometime soon

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 22:24
Well, lets set a date
It'll give me a reason to get my rig back together.:repair:
-Ryan

Metal Thrasher
December 4th, 2007, 22:25

I've been there two out of the past three weekends... Kind of looking for a snow run SOON. Also we should be getting info soon on adopting a trail, area, job, whatever... up there.

WaXJ_Skier
December 4th, 2007, 22:27
I've been there two out of the past three weekends... Kind of looking for a snow run SOON. Also we should be getting info soon on adopting a trail, area, job, whatever... up there.

Up for a Night Snow run on Saturday? I'm free Saturday night if anybody is up for one.

Metal Thrasher
December 4th, 2007, 22:31
Up for a Night Snow run on Saturday? I'm free Saturday night if anybody is up for one.

I'll be driving home from Portland.... Hopefully... If there is not an Ice storm.... :spin1:

Ba-Riedo
December 4th, 2007, 22:32
i need lights before i can do night. but since im in bellingham ill be down for almost any weekend at walker

noutlawjeeper
December 4th, 2007, 22:33
Well, lets set a date
It'll give me a reason to get my rig back together.:repair:
-Ryan

well, how much work do you have to do? i think either the 15th or 29th, both are saturdays.

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 22:38
well, how much work do you have to do? i think either the 15th or 29th, both are saturdays.

I currently have no Frt recovery points, tail lights, frt or rear bumpers, and the steering box is held in by the pitman arm, the good news is that the tj flares are gone, fenders are retrimmed, and rear lower quarters have been cut and folded, but still need some sealing done. I should have my thors on and taillights rewired this week.
-Ryan

noutlawjeeper
December 4th, 2007, 22:43
I currently have no Frt recovery points, tail lights, frt or rear bumpers, and the steering box is held in by the pitman arm, the good news is that the tj flares are gone, fenders are retrimmed, and rear lower quarters have been cut and folded, but still need some sealing done. I should have my thors on and taillights rewired this week.
-Ryan

you make bumper already or are they just off for the installation of your winnings?

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 22:47
you make bumper already or are they just off for the installation of your winnings?

No, I wanted to get the winch first so I could make the bumper as tight to the front as possible. I just have everything tore off so I can measure and work up some design ideas. those Bumper mount/steering box reinforcements are going to be super handy though.
-Ryan

noutlawjeeper
December 4th, 2007, 22:51
No, I wanted to get the winch first so I could make the bumper as tight to the front as possible. I just have everything tore off so I can measure and work up some design ideas. those Bumper mount/steering box reinforcements are going to be super handy though.
-Ryan

ya, what a raffle for you. anyways, pick a date!

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 22:53
ya, what a raffle for you. anyways, pick a date!

The 29th,
I have to wait, my winch is getting wrapped and put under the tree:bawl:
-Ryan

IXNAYXJ
December 4th, 2007, 22:55
The 29th,
-RyanLet's transfer this rambling from this thread about an OLD wheeling trip to a totally new thread we can lead careening off topic.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=935403

-----Matt-----

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 22:56
Let's transfer this rambling from this thread about an OLD wheeling trip to a totally new thread we can lead careening off topic.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=935403

-----Matt-----
Roger, see you there
-Ryan

90exjay
December 4th, 2007, 22:57
The 29th,
-Ryan
What? Apparently Matt string pulling ability only affects the male portion of the Barrett household.:D

Sean

Blkxjkrawler
December 4th, 2007, 23:00
What? Apparently Matt string pulling ability only affects the male portion of the Barrett household.:D
Sean
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
Wait.
Dammit!

IXNAYXJ
December 4th, 2007, 23:03
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
Wait.
Dammit!:roflmao:

-----Matt-----