• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Jan 21st

Blkxjkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Who's interested in doing a Walker Valley Run the day after the Holiday party at Michael's? I have 2 other rigs going with me right now. We will probably run upper mainline, and the expressway then go play on lower mainline, and see what else we can find. It will be a fun time. For those not familar with Walker Valley here is the trip report from last month
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=900242

I would say a Minimum of 3 inch lift and 31 inch tires, rocker protection, or a complete disregard for body damage

Ryan, You can't claim "complete disregard for body damage" at Walker Valley. That quote is already taken for Elbe ORV. You will have to come up with a new one ;)

Sorry, I doubt I will be able to make this one (I think we are supposed to be snowshoeing), but make sure the starting time for your run is early to get those spending the night at my place out of my house as early as possible:loveu:

Michael

yeah i should be back in the states by then so just let me know the specifics. im not real fam- with Walker Valley anymore. but im game. i should be bigger by then too

2000 w/ 4.5 and 33's hopefully bt then

XJCasper said:
If I remember correctly, Walker Valley is North of Seattle.

How far?

About an hour and a half from Sea-tac airport straight up I-5, then another 15-20 minutes east. but only about 35-45 minutes from Michaels if your already up for the holiday party.

Incidently,by special request we will be starting at 6 AM
Edit: Wait, Thats 9 AM, sorry Michael :D

Blkxjkrawler said:
Incidently,by special request we will be starting at 6 AM
Edit: Wait, Thats 9 AM, sorry Michael :D

There is NO way you could get them out of bed by then.
Sounds good, I was just giving you guys all a bad time.

I would give 45min to get there from my place if you haven't been there before. I can give them directions from my place, it isn't that straitforward going up the backroads.

Michael

I will be there for sure!! Walker Valley is one of my favorite places to wheel. Probably bring my old man along ( YJ Guy from Jack's Pass snow run). Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. Had alot of fun.

RRT said:
I will be there for sure!! Walker Valley is one of my favorite places to wheel. Probably bring my old man along ( YJ Guy from Jack's Pass snow run). Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. Had alot of fun.
Cool. It was really great meeting you and your Dad, Rick. You're welcome to wheel with us anytime.

-----Matt-----

I'm lookin forward to it!

Hopefully we get an early start. I am an all day wheeler. As long as my equipmeny holds up. There is a grocery store in Arlington, (Thrifty Foods?) right off of Hwy 9. Probably a good place to meet. I usually go in from that side. But I am open for any suggestions. See ya there!!

RRT said:
Hopefully we get an early start. I am an all day wheeler. As long as my equipmeny holds up. There is a grocery store in Arlington, (Thrifty Foods?) right off of Hwy 9. Probably a good place to meet. I usually go in from that side. But I am open for any suggestions. See ya there!!

I was going to set the meeting time at 9 am at the GI Joes parking lot on College Way in Mt. Vernon. Its right off of I-5 and is really easy for most people to find. Then head out to the trail head from there. If your coming up 9 maybe we could just meet at the trail head? I usually go from the large one off peter burns road as opposed to the lake cavanaugh side. I think there are some people camping out at Michaels house, and I dont know which way he was going to direct them up. I got the feeling he was going to send them up 9. Maybe you can lead a group up that way. Either way, we'll get it shored up as the date draws nearer.
Ryan

Back