• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Betcha' ain't seen one of these yet...

ren

NAXJA Forum User
fusedbattery.jpg

The battery, not the fuse box.
BIGfreekinbattery.jpg

8 years (!!) old and STILL lightin' it up! try THAT with your Wally-world special!

Wow.
You're awesome.

They used to make an orange top????

1) It got a bath just before the picture was taken.
2) Maybe the motorcraft made it for 9 years, but for $5 in the junkyard as is, I really wasn't gonna argue too much.
3) That's 8 years that I have had it!

Last edited:
Yeah, well, I have a four year old red top in the basement that I don't think is going to make it. It got completely discharged(my fault), and it doesn't look like it is going to take a charge.

It has performed better than any other battery I've had in the XJ, but I was hoping to get a few more years for the money.

Fred

not to shabby, i have only had optimas 3 years. The real test isnt mild weather kentucky, i would be more impressed if it was cranking in -20 in minnesota or North dakota.

I been happy with mine so far.

motorcityxj said:
The real test isnt mild weather kentucky, i would be more impressed if it was cranking in -20 in minnesota or North dakota.

X2

And how does this fit into "Modified Tech"?

The battery in my ford truck has been there since before I got the truck, in 1992. It's been run completly dead at least a dozen times, and sat with no charge for six months at a time on many occasions. A good trickle charge will do wonders for nearly any battery.

yeah, i agree, put it to a real test, run a welder, and air compressor or something. Or, run it in 120 degree arizona heat. A vehicle battery will theoretically last FOREVER in ideal conditions.

Back