• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sagging aint just for gangstas

jofu789

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep Sag problem..HELP!!

:viking: Hows it goin everyone. First off I have done all of my searching and found many things out but if it wouldnt be too much trouble I would appreciate some answers to some questions i have. I have a 2000 XJ and Im in college so Im broke as the average college student is. I have been workin and saved up enough to lift the jeep. I have purchased a Rough Country 4.5" lift and I'm using the stock 16" 5 spoke wheels so i have bought some 285/ 75/ R16 off road tires( these are equal to 32" s). Now from reading I have seen that the RC lifts have been bashed hard and also praised. My use of my jeep is mainly on road and being in college I will be using it mostly on the weekends and thats it. The only offroading that will be done is on the back farm to go to the fishin hole so i think the RC will be ok...so nothing too hardcore by any means. My question is i have heard that the RC lifts can sag in the rear. What should i do about this to prevent it...i mean I have read about putting blocks in the rear, or shackles, a different brand of AAL's beside the ones with the RC lift (BTW..what are AAL's).... REMEMBER I have little money so give me all the options and maybe some prices if yall dont mind. I will be running a Surco roof rack with a 32" spare wheel on top. So let me know how the rear sagging will go.

Thanks to all,

Josh

Last edited:
welcome to the board
if you do have sagging problems (you will) try searching for "bastard pack"
btw dont use blocks:twak:

justin

If it does sag.. It should only happen in the rear correct...or could it happen in the front as well..what should i get for both ends of the problem that i could order through a 4x4 shop???

thanks

Everything sags after awhile its just gravity. Now from what everyone says is any AAL lift will sag alot. Sagging is usually due to towing, having heavy loads in the cargo area, or a stressed out leaf pack. You can add a exteneded shackle but the amount extened might not bring you back to the target lift.

Coils are really good at not sagging. They will settle in and that usually gives you the target lift height. If you plan on adding some weight to the front and compresses the springs you can add coil spacers and the smalled Ive seen is 0.75" also there are writeups on using High Density Rubber and cutting out your own spacers.

I'm running the RC 4.5 " rear springs. When they started to sag badly I just built a pack adding a stock leaf or 2 from my original packs. They're fine to run as is for quite a while, and if you are not over flexing them or towing heavy loads they will last several years .

Does anyone know how long it would take for the RC 4.5" lift to start to noticibly sag. The only weight towards the back ill mainly have is the roof rack with the 32 in tire spare on a 16 inch wheel..??

Back