• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changing oil pump, couple of questions...

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
96 4.0, first of all, what is the best/corret way to prime the new pump? -Take the plate off the bottom and pack it with vasoline, or fill it up with oil from the top? Also, I marked the locations of the studs on the oil pan when I was taking the bolts out, but when I was cleaning up the pan, the markes got cleaned off too! Anybody got a good picture of the oil pan installed that shows the location of the studs versus the nuts? Thanks!!

I've done a couple of replacements with vasoline packing and it worked out well,just be ready to shut down ,just in case.But you shouldn't have any problems:geek:

Before starting the engine and installing the distributor take an old flat tip screwdriver, cut the handle off, put that on to an electric drill, insert it down where the distributor goes and prime the pump (turn clockwise). You will definately know by the resistance when the pump is primed.... HTH

Back