• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts Source for Clutch Master/Slave Hose

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 1989 XJ Laredo w/an Aisin AX-15. I need to replace the tube & hose assembly between the clutch master and slave cylinders and wanted to see if anyone here has experience w/aftermarket hoses that fit properly and lasted.

Thanks,

Rick

jeepdeepfreak,

Yes, the throw-out bearing is not a "pure" component on this vintage of XJ. It is a hydraulic throw-out bearing so it serves as its own slave cylinder.

I have read of some people converting these systems to external slave cylinder configurations but I do not know if my 1989 can be considered for this.

Thanks,

Rick

I thought all 87-89 5 speeds came with Peougot trannys. I switched mine out for a AX-15 external slave. IIRC, I had to buy the whole master/slave as a kit to make it work, Good Luck.

They changed out the Peugot for the AX-15 half-way through the '89 production year in the XJ, so late year '89 XJs can have the AX-15. I have heard that they kept the Peugot tranny in the YJs until 1991.

Back