• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE?

I put BPEs on just to get a little more length. Only reason I did though was because I got JKS upper shock conversion and BPEs for $10 used.

Fitting BPEs to the rear upper shock mounts makes removing shocks much easier in the future.

I you don't have wet/salt winters you may not appreciate this as much!

If I were going to lift my jeep 2" or 2.5" with some sensa tracs that are already on there, would I need the BPE's?

bpeS used on the rear of XJs are mainly used to resolve the problem of the little bolts breaking off inside the body mounts (ie- salt corrosion/rust- mentioned)..
once you've successfully removed these potentially PITA Bolts the 1st time then bolt in the BPE and then never worry about removing them again when you want to swap shocks..

you can make you're own BPE for the rear of XJ from the little rear sway bar bracket

English XJ said:
Fitting BPEs to the rear upper shock mounts makes removing shocks much easier in the future.

Much easier.

English XJ said:
If you don't have wet/salt winters you may not appreciate this as much!

The rust and salt corrodes the bolts and when you pop them off, well, you have a lot more work to do.

BPEs have saved me trouble and time several times over.

Isn't the main reason for BPEs to preload the bushings so that the bar pins don't clunk around over time?

BPEs pre-load the shock bushing preventing vertical movement. There isn't much of an improvement in ride quality, but it will make the bushings last longer.

Back