• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 R & P/ARB questions

REDDOGG.XJ

Fire up the roof.
I searched but didn’t find the answers I was looking for.

I’m installing an ARB and 4:56 gears in my 92’ Dana 30 HP, when I pulled it apart I deformed the inner oil seal. Do I need to buy another one or can I just flatten this one back out.

Next question: the ARB install manual says to cut drainage slots at the lower part of the axle tube. I understand why on a rear axle but this seems unnecessary since it has inner axle seals at the diff.

Thanks,
Michael

Inner seal? Not really sure which one you are talking about. Could it be the oil slinger? Either way I would say yes.

I still do the front axles just to make sure it doesn't build pressure behind the bearing. I don't think it really matters though since I've done it both ways and haven't had a problem.

It mounts under the inner bearing race and shims, I didn't know what to call it so I looked it up in a parts brake down. It shows it for all of the Dana 30's but only gave a part number for WJ's.

REDDOGG.XJ said:
It mounts under the inner bearing race and shims, I didn't know what to call it so I looked it up in a parts brake down. It shows it for all of the Dana 30's but only gave a part number for WJ's.

I call that the baffle. You should have got another with your install kit. I've started keeping a pile of them handy. and I don't reuse one that is dinged up.

Thanks for the help.

I looked and there is a new one in the master kit.

Back