• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior layouts Post 96

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
any suggestions or anythign on how to set up the inside of a post 96 XJ ? I have the annoying overhead counsel but someone anyone give me idea where to put stuff etc ...

Huh? What are you looking for here? What type of stuff do you want to put in?

PolishX said:
any suggestions or anythign on how to set up the inside of a post 96 XJ ? I have the annoying overhead counsel but someone anyone give me idea where to put stuff etc ...
I'm not meaning to sound like a prick but, what do you mean by set up and stuff?

CB could be fiberglassed into the overhead. I was thinking of doing this, but I need to get a overhead first but my height makes one useless since they block my mirror view. GPS can always go in the center console. Fire extenguishers can go on left side of the dirver seal and right side of the passenger seat but moutning it to the floor board. First aid kit in the cargo area duhhh. VHF?

My CB positioning, don't mind the little bit of water.
CoyHill034.jpg

casm said:
One possibility.
My install.
Haven't figured this one out yet, but it's likely going to involve the area behind the kick panel under the steering column.
change the colour of your interior to black on tan and you did exactly what I did with my Cobra 75. I mounted mine lower and more towards the driver, but same deal otherwise, even the splicing was the same.
My mic mount is beside the gauge cluster about 6" higher than yours.

My GPS is a handheld Garmin Rhino 120. I picked up another CB mic clip from a truck stop and the clip fits the Rhino perfectly. My CB mic mount is up on the removable bezel around the radio beside the CB mic mount.

Last edited:
I have been asked by many people what that was, and I have no clue. I looked on my floor after I looked through my pictures, and I found nothing that resembled that white thing.

Back