• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big O Big Foot XT tires- anybody running the new ones?

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
I saw the Bigfoot XT's and was really impressed. the tread looks angry as all get out, but doesn't look like it would sing like a choir on the expressway. Anybody running these that can give some input?

Are you asking about the ones that have a "chevron" style center tread design (one chevron points in, the next out, repeat....? If so, I am currently running a set of these from Wally-world ( they call them the Super Sport ). I go over to the Red River Gorge at least 3-4 times a week, and I go any where that I please! There are about 10 of us that ride on the 3rd sunday of each month, and everyone seems surprised that a tire this "mild" can keep up with everyone. The only mudholes that I have trouble with are the REALLY deep ones, which usually give everyone trouble any way. Oh, now that I think about it, I think the Big "O" version is the Bigfoot MT. They are reasonably quiet on the interstate (you can actually have a normal conversation with out having to raise your voice.), and seem to returning good wear so far.

Last edited:
I had the older version.... really liked them. Can't get them here in NY, at least not easily. They do come in different names too...

I'll see if I can post a pic of them. These are the new ones with the sidewall tread. I was looking for an aggressive AT, no mudding, and thought these looked good. I also want something that will be quiet(er) on the highway, Cherokee is loud enough already!

I haven't seen the new style, but I ran the old ones and was very surprised by them. They did well in Moab and I was especially pleased with their performance in the snow. They made no more noise than the BFG A/Ts I run now. My only complaint is the cost, but they do have a great warranty.

I run the new ones in size 235. I really like them. They seem to me to be about as loud as the BFG AT's I've run on other vehicles. I put these on the family jeep and couldn't have a lot of noise, but my wife didn't hardly notice any change. Traction is great in rain, dirt and rocks. I've had them in about 6" of snow off road and they worked better than the AT's I've had. Overall, I'm really impressed w/ them, plus they have a great warrenty.

On the downside, I've heard they have weak sidewalls, and I have a friend that split a sidewall on his (33's) just driving down a dirt road before getting to the trail. That could've just been a bad tire though. Big-O did replace that tire no questions asked though.

All in all, I'd buy them again for a Jeep that sees a lot of road time(like mine), but that needs more than just an AT for wheeling.

They look alright.
XT(new)009.jpg

http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=201

Back