• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indicators start and then stop working.

Berrill

NAXJA Forum User
When indicating left or right my indicators flash for a few seconds and then stop working.

The emergency hazards work perfectly,

My question is as follows do you think it’s the indicator stalk on the steering column or the electronic flashing unit., or something else?

Where do `I find the flashing unit and does the indicators and the emergency hazards use the same or separate flashing units.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

(My jeep is a 2001 4 liter petrol)

Swap the flasher unit with the turn signal unit and see if that solves the problem.

Cox89XJ said:
Swap the flasher unit with the turn signal unit and see if that solves the problem.
Can't do that with an '01. Turn signals and hazards are in a single unit. pull the panel under the steering column off and look up and to the left of the column (with a flashlight) and you will see a small black relay-looking box. Remove and replace. Should take care of the problem. IIRC, I paid $15 for the unit at NAPA.

Back