• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which lift kit to go with ?

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for about a 3.5" - 4.0" lift kit. I'd like full rear leafs rather than add a leafs due to my current leaves being bowed the wrong way. What do I need for this much lift ? I see some kits only come with spacers, add a leafs, and shackles. I'd like to keep the price between $550-$600 for everything. My friend has a rough country 4.5" lift and I'm looking for the same thing just about .5" or 1" smaller.

why does the rough country lift suck ? My jeep is just going to be a once a month offroader so something as extreme as the rubicon express lift i don't think is needed. Also considering my job doesn't pay enough for me to save an extra $300-$400 more dollars. The 4" lift kit from superlift looks nice, but they don'thave any prices on their page.

fwiw, I pieced together a RE 3.5" superflex leafpack kit for around $600. combination of lightly-used and new parts. keep an eye on the classified forums and you should be able to pick up everything.

I was almost thinking of purchasing coil spacers and a shackle for a 2" for now. I have $200 currently and I am a VERY impatient person. My jeep is only for the uncommon trail riding and my daily driver, you think I should be fine with the cheapo lift for now ? Then I'll get the 3.5" leaf pack and coils and the Tcase drop and lower pitman arm yadayada. That would give me 5.5" of lift in the end.

I got my RE 4.5 Kit from jason @ jeepin.com he is great to deal with and has pretty good prices usually free shipping and DT shocks you might be able to find something you like. Don't be afraid of an AAL cause you can get junkyard packs or another 100 or so for new stock packs here's a link scroll down for the smaller lifts

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=62

camarors8992 said:
My jeep is only for the uncommon trail riding and my daily driver, you think I should be fine with the cheapo lift for now ? Th

A good quality lift will make more difference on the street than on the trail. Rough Country springs ride like hell, its like the difference in ride between an early 70's f350 and a 2007 f350. :) Night and day.

Back