• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power to OEM CD player

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So, I got my stock CD/cassette player replaced....forgot to take out my Red Hot Chili Pepper's CD....I've tried applying 12v to it, with the chassis grounded, and won't power up. :eeks1: Any ideas on how to get it to spit out my CD???:D
Thanks!

Assuming the deck works would you like to sell it? I just want a stock cd player (or cheap!!) I would send the cd back or you could buy a new one with the profits from your deck...I do like chilli peppers what cd is it?:cheers:

ChuckstrPT said:
So, I got my stock CD/cassette player replaced....forgot to take out my Red Hot Chili Pepper's CD....I've tried applying 12v to it, with the chassis grounded, and won't power up. :eeks1: Any ideas on how to get it to spit out my CD???:D
Thanks!

Ok, when you say you have applied 12v did you connect the the constant 12v and the switch 12v.

Blaine B. said:
Apply 12 volts to both the switched and constant, and a ground to the ground wire. I don't think grounding the chassis alone will work.
Yeh, considered this. But, on the diagram of the plugs, on the radio, there isn't one indicating GND?? I got a connector onto the 2 Pos- switched and constant. So, Where to put the ground? There is a small, 2 prong connector right next to the other two, is that it???
Thanks,
Andy

JEEPZZ said:
Wow! Very nice. :yelclap:
Is that your site Tim??

No, I just have the link in an XJ tech folder on my PC. I think its from an installers reference manual. I bookmark anything that may be remotely handy. I still have my stock sound system, however I also have the famous part time drivers door speaker syndrome.

Tim_MN said:
however I also have the famous part time drivers door speaker syndrome.
Hey, I didn't know that was Famous? I had that too....would up just running another wire over there! hmm....any other "famous" issues I should know about???

mine must have been made on a friday becase my part-time speaker door is the passanger one

Blaine B. said:
Or maybe the door was for a right-hand-drive model? :laugh2:
Yea I guess I never thought of that...

Back