• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header and Cat Back System

XJiggy

NAXJA Forum User
I want to replace my whole exhaust system.

I think I will be going with a Thorley header and a Gibson Cat Back.
(if you have a better suggestion...feel free)

My question is what am I going to need to have the header meet up with the cat back? Am I going to need a custom bent tube from the collector to the cat? will the cat back system just bolt right up to the headrer? Am I better off doing something else?

your cat back system starts after the cat, and yes you will need to get custom tubing from the header to the cat. I don't know much about the kit you are getting but I have heard nothing but great things about the bankes header.

Last edited:
I put a gibson single on my 88 right after I got it.. the stock system was shot. havent replaced the cat as of yet but I thought that the construction of the gibson system was quite beefy. also if you have a hitch like I do you will need to do a little modifying to get the gibson to fit

Some headers like Banks bolt up clean to the factory down pipe.
Dont know about Thorley, but personally If I had to have a custom pipe made that would defeat the purpose of doing my own work.
Also be aware if you change the pipe geometry you might have issues if you need full articualtion off road.

Back