• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper opinion

bigwillxj

NAXJA Forum User
Heres the deal: I want a new front bumper. Ive looked at rigid co's winch bumper($420) and really like it, Ive always wanted a winch bumper. However i heard it may take me 6 months to get it and with me being 17 thats just along time. Another downside to the winch bumper is buying a winch which is a min of 500 for a Warn M8000. My other option is a JCR stage 3/4 with unibody tie-ins for arround 300. My ? is which way does everyone think i should go?

You might also want to consider nates 4x4. i just got mine and really like it a lot. He usually takes a while too but when you talk to him you can ask him if he'll build it over the weekend, he'll usually do it for an extra $50. I ordered mine on friday and he shipped it monday, I didnt want to wait either so it was worth it to me to spend the extra $.

However i heard it may take me 6 months to get it and with me being 17 thats just along time. Quote.

I'm 40 and that's a long time for me. As you get older the "I want it now" feeling doesn't go away. Get's worse in a lot of ways.

My other option is a JCR stage 3/4 with unibody tie-ins for arround 300. My ? is which way does everyone think i should go?Quote

Price seems right for what you want to spend, they're a NAXJA sponsor, have read nothing but good things about them and their products here so looks like you've found the way to go to me.

Try ORFAB , I just put a winch bumper on my 98XJ beefy stuff , reinforces the steering box in the process and alot cheaper than i expected . I like so far after a month .

IH8RDS said:
If you an afford an extra $300 and you have a Warn M8000 why dont you go out and get a ARB?

cause for $700 ARBs mounting system doesn't hold a candle in the wind to Rigids.

AJ's
and you'll never be sorry...
He's an XJ guy that has been buikding bumpers and other things for XJ's for many years.
Fully customizable and VERY reasonable on price.
I've never met AJ, but all dealings with him have been great and I'ver never heard anything bad about him or his products.
heres a link:
www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

kewlkatdady said:
AJ's
and you'll never be sorry...
He's an XJ guy that has been buikding bumpers and other things for XJ's for many years.
Fully customizable and VERY reasonable on price.
I've never met AJ, but all dealings with him have been great and I'ver never heard anything bad about him or his products.
heres a link:
www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

Are you able to click to get info about his bumpers because I am not able to? Do you have to email him to get prices, etc.

IH8RDS said:
But Rigid doesnt even compare to ARB's protection, and my winch is out of sight and out of the elements. I have no qualms with ARB's mounting system. It may not be like Rigids but I think the protection leavs rigid in the dust. But I'm biased. :rolleyes:

I've seen a lot of ARB's with bent corners from dragging on the rocks, but then I think that a front bumper should be a balance between approach angle and protection. YOMV

IH8RDS said:
But Rigid doesnt even compare to ARB's protection, and my winch is out of sight and out of the elements. I have no qualms with ARB's mounting system. It may not be like Rigids but I think the protection leavs rigid in the dust. But I'm biased. :rolleyes:

x2...although I am not particularly happy with the mounting on my ARB, the extra upper protection is very handy, especially in areas with a lot of trees like here in Washington. The mounting can be fixed pretty easily as well, although I agree it shouldnt need to be being an expensive brand new bumper...but if you have an ARB or are buying one and want to spruce up the mouting a new set of bumper mounts will fix ya right up. Check out the mounts from thor, very nice, and are going to be what I put on mine. http://www.thor4x4.com/HTML/xjbumper_mounts.html

klennop said:
Are you able to click to get info about his bumpers because I am not able to? Do you have to email him to get prices, etc.

The site is being overhauled or something???
Pictures can be found in his forums. Very nice looking bumpers.

Back