• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ticking noise

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Just noticed a new noise today, it's a ticking noise and it kind of sounds like when a front axle u joint gets worn out and I can only hear the noise from inside the truck or underneath, the noise increases with engine speed. At first I thought it was a valve tap but I think it could possibly be related to the clutch as I was having problems with it yesterday and the noise only started up today, pilot bearing?

This is a 90 XJ 4.0 AX-15 206K miles.

Any ideas what this could be?

MoparManiac said:
did ur exhaust manifold crack? Mine just finally blew out on me on a 200 mi road trip to visit my friend the other week.

I don'y know, it sounds maybe the slightest bit louder but not really sure if is louder. My son thought he blew the clutch yesterday and needed to get off of the shoulder of the interstate and get to the next exit so he held it at 4kish or less RPMs in 2nd for a minute or so going 50, blew out a coolant line in the process...The DP was loose when I discoed the cat, I could move it arround by hand, that was a month ago. So maybe something there?

Back