• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help IDing this part (pic included)

pma4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen some XJs have OH center consoles like the ZJs but this has me confused. Its like a sensor of some sort but i pulled it and nothing happened.

Can anyone ID this part and its function?

pic of a 96XJ 4.0 Sport 4door

cbmount8.jpg

Thanks

If I had to guess, I'd say is was one of those "remote/keyless" jobbies, where you can use a remote to unlock the door. Power locks on your rig?

It's a little odd-looking, beause I've got an 89 Limited with "remote/keyless," adn the sensor has a rectangular window, and housing lies almost entirely between the inside ends of the sunvizors. However, that's an early model built to AMC specs, and you're going to have more ChryCo goodies...

5-90

Security camera!!!! Dang! I knew the feds would find me some how. They knew i would eventually purchase an XJ so they secretly had them factored in to all XJs not knowing wich one i would by.

anyways, My 93 ZJ had something similar to this only it was further back and in the same housing as the dome light.

5-90 said:
If I had to guess, I'd say is was one of those "remote/keyless" jobbies, where you can use a remote to unlock the door. Power locks on your rig?

It's a little odd-looking, beause I've got an 89 Limited with "remote/keyless," adn the sensor has a rectangular window, and housing lies almost entirely between the inside ends of the sunvizors. However, that's an early model built to AMC specs, and you're going to have more ChryCo goodies...

5-90

That's exactly what it is. same as one on a 93. useless if you dont have the remote of course

Slip Kid said:
That's exactly what it is. same as one on a 93. useless if you dont have the remote of course

And damn near useless if you do. The most common complaint with this setup is that it's infrared like your TV remote and has a very short range - like standing next the the vehicle.

Back