• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coils spring hits upper bump stop

bkhudgins

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, this is my first post. Been a member for a few months. Seems to be a great site. This is what I have.
2001 Cherokee sport (XJ)
4.5" RE superflex w/ upper and lower adjustable arms.
31X10.50's Xterains on 15x8 rock crawlers (steel wagons wheels)

This is my question.
When at full drop on the front the spring hits on the upper bump stop and the tower thing the bump stop is on (not sure what to call it) has anyone cut this and re-angled it or bent it. I am going to add an extended bumpstops and dont want it to get any worse.

How well do the swaybar relaction brackets work? And who makes the best.

Any sugestions or pictures would be great.
Thanks
Brian
Jasper, Ga

It sounds like you haven't moved your front axle foward enough. Unbolt your upper and lower control arms and extend them like an inch or so, so then your coils wont rub up against your bumpstops. It is probably a good idea to get it professionally aligned after you finish lifting it, that will fix all your problems
-Patrick:passgas: :greensmok :patriot:

I made them about a half inch longer than the RE fixed arms. I tried them longer but the springs hit the swaybar. I am considering the swaybar relocation barcket though.

Thanks
Brian

Last edited:
bkhudgins said:
I made them about a half inch longer than the RE fixed arms. I tried them longer but the springs hit the swaybar. I am considering the swaybar relocation barcket though.

Thanks
Brian

The swaybar can move up and down, it might be pulled to far up or down to where you don't have enough room to not hit the bump stop or the sway bar. I have rustys 8 inch lift coils and they are way wider than normal coils and the room in between my sway bar and bumpstops is really close.

Back