• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 ohc????

xjhd4me

NAXJA Forum User
well i found a overhead console on a 01 cherokee yesterday, my question is i have read on other threads that the 97 and the 01 are two different color grays (mine being the darker one) the yard wants fifty bucks for it, is that a decent price? has any one done this with two non matching color grays and if so how does it look? or should i just get it anyway? if i have to modify the harness pin connector because 97 and 01 are different do i need to bother going all the way behind the glove box when i take the donor console wiring or just get as much as i could and cut it? so for all the questions

97 and 01 are different colors. $50.00 is a great price. Get the entire wire harness maybe someone will trade harnesses with you. Take off the glovebox door and remove the bolt that holds the bottom of the dash to the the side of the XJ, so you have room to work. Grab the temp sensor and the mounting bracket also.

The 97 grey is a bit darker than it looks in the pic, 01 is on the far right.
standard.jpg
[/IMG]

funny, i have a 97 ohc in my 2001. the color is different, but not enough to bother me. the harness that plugs in down near the fuse box will be different, just either cut and splice or do what i did and reuse your existing harness clip and splice the new wiring into it so it plugs directly in. there is a good write up on here, too.

$50 is a good price. they sell on here and ebay anywhere from $1-200.

Back