• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Portland/Clackamas are, anyone know a flexible tire shop?

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Schwabs won't mount a 33 on my Jeep, because the rest of my tires are 32's. My front right is about to pop, and I really need to get this on for a while, until the Christmas craze settles enough and I can buy some new tires.

Long story short, I can't just pull the tire off and run it down there without the Jeep, its my only ride.

So if anyone know of a tire shop that will do it, let me know, and thanks in advance!

I work at Les Schwab in WA. Unless they rub horribly, they should mount the 33s for you at your local store. You can ask them to make comments on the invoice that say "customer is aware that the tires are too big and can potentially cause damage". That way they aren't liable. You might want to try a different location than the one you went to last time.. I think there are a million of them in the portland area.

Jason-RJR said:
Schwabs won't mount a 33 on my Jeep, because the rest of my tires are 32's.QUOTE]

you read it wrong. he only wanted one (1) 33 mounted, leaving the rest at 32".

Jason, just go buy the tire, go home cut the old one off the rim and mount the new one with a couple of tire irons. it wont be balanced, but will get you by. or...

pick up a used 33 already mounted to use as a spare later.

Why don't you mount it like described above...and hit up the phonebook for tire shops? Try Discount Tire, also. Just take the wheel/tire in and ask them to balance it. Probably cost you $8-10.

But to specifically answer your question: I know a LOT of shops that sell flexible tires. :D

Back