• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with D30 Disco Conversion

joel-xj

NAXJA Forum User
I got a vac-disco HP D30 w\4.56's out of an 89 that I am puting under my 00'. I am doing the conversion to full shafts. I ordered the kit from Rusty's which supposedly has the right seals in it. That being said, when I attempted to install the passenger side inner seal (by the carrier) it was too big.

There were 3 seals included in this kit passenger side inner\outer and I don't know what the third one was. The outer seal installed easily. Does the passenger side inner look like the driver's inner or is it just a ring like the outer? Does anyone have replacement part #'s? Thanks.

Where did you put the outter seal?

I'm wondering if he sent you another stock seal like is on the drivers side. If so you need to open the hole up slightly to put that seal in.

So it looks like CR 11771 should be the one. This isn't a tapered seal like the driver's side though correct? It's just a donut with a recessed back? This should tap in to the inside of the carrier housing on the passenger side where the tube and housing meet correct?

joel-xj said:
So it looks like CR 11771 should be the one. This isn't a tapered seal like the driver's side though correct? It's just a donut with a recessed back? This should tap in to the inside of the carrier housing on the passenger side where the tube and housing meet correct?

You are correct.

Back