• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Grease Points

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I know I've seen this before. Hell, I may have asked it before!! But I just did a LOF on my 2001 XJ and I could only find 8 grease zirks. I coulda sworn there were 9.

Anyone?

rstarch345 said:
Did you get the zerk on the front DS?

Yep. And the 5 in the steering linkage, and the 2 ball joints.

I don't find any on the drive shaft Universals, even though they are mentioned in other posts.

Matthew Currie said:
I only count 8: Pitman to drag link, drag link to tie rod, tie rod end X2, ball joint X2, track bar to frame, front DS slip joint.

That's what I got, but I coulda swore I found another one last time I did this. But I went to IU in the '70's, so my memory may not be the most reliable.

What about the U-joints on the drive shafts? Are they sealed? I shoot lithium grease spray on the moving parts now.

depends on what kind of u-joints you are running. and what kind of mods you got.

for example, my control arm bolts are also greasable, my lower ball joints are also greasable, but i have to pull the axle shaft to get to be able to grease them, so i only do them once in a rare while. i have a tom woods driveshaft, so there are 3 more grease fittings right there. greasable leaf springs shackles add 2 more. then my control arms themselves also are greaseable.

so on my jeep for example, i have over 7 more additional grease fittings. lol

BBeach said:
Can you get replacements for when the grease "holders" decide to pop?
That's the bummer. It seems the only quality boots come as OEM only. I've checked every aftermarket supplier I can come up with for OEM quality replacement boots with no luck. All that is available are after market boots which only cover (some of them margionally) the joints. I've been going to the JY and plucking a few decent ones there. A PIA for sure, but depending on what I'm getting, worth the "free" price tag.

Back