• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vent hose extensions

just replace the short hoses you have with longer ones. you can get the right kind of hose at any home improvement or hardware store. just make sure its long enough to be out of harm's way, and then put some sort of filter at the top. you can run all of the hoses into one spot and just get one filter for all of them. i recommend getting a little crankcase breather from an autoparts store, or a little filter from a lawnmower shop.
hope this helps

Any problem with extending the breather hoses and then attaching them to the air intake plenum?

burntkat said:
Any problem with extending the breather hoses and then attaching them to the air intake plenum?

Remember that the intake plenum is a vacuum source. Think about pulling vacuum on your diffs while they're submerged. And the axle seals will let water in much easier than they let oil out.

Comments welcomed.

ChiXJeff

Second vote for the D30 shop vac

Just run them to the top of the firewall inside the engine compartment. Some have suggested using clear tubing. Be careful not to crimp them shut while mounting them. Don't forget tranny and distributor.
Mattk

I just fit cheap fuel filters to the top of mine. Make sure though the diff ones do not slope down anywhere as sometimes oil pumps into the line and settles in it causing a biuld up of pressure. Mainly the rear but can be cured by filling only to the recomended 1/2" below the fill plug rather than level with it which is comon practice for all others. Cutting the vent fitting shorter so it does not go into the axle tube as far is the best solution I have found and have a write up about it too. Done by some Jeep dealers as well and where the idea came from.
I have a few photos on my site on both things.

Back