• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ DUALLY in craigslist

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/car/248950177.html

ydaRLGKVbPxKLKtTL0nRVECuUxoJ.jpg

make an offer beverly hills.

wow. thats almost cool.

Well, reading from the sellers post: ;)

"The truck is a 4x4 and with its dually it actually becomes a 6x6. "

"very stable off road due to its long wheelbase and width (dually makes it stable side-to-side) once you lower the pressure to about 12 PSI causing the gap between the tires to close - you’re creating a “new” tire size - 470/75R15 on each side, and with an empty bed and the help of a front wheel drive (it is a 4x4) it can drive over sand dunes or mud without the risk of sinking."

"The best part on the highway - if you blow a rear tire at 75 MPH - You’ll never know… "

"Transfer case adapted to fit the drive train."

Can you go wrong with 470/75/r15 tires?

gregmondro said:
tell me again what the cool thing about this truck is other then the 2 second awe factor?
Its more like a "duh" factor.
there really is no point to this other than it being something one would find in mexico. the it becomes the "o-da-lay" factor ese'...

cal said:
"The best part on the highway - if you blow a rear tire at 75 MPH - You’ll never know… "
I have a motorhome. It has six tires. When the left inside rear blew out at 60 mph, you better believe I knew it.

"Transfer case adapted to fit the drive train."
What the hell does that mean?

Anyway... I'm half tempted to offer the guy $500 to see what his realy selling price is.

I've seen that craigslist add posted a dozen or so times before, and seem to remember it being somewhere in the 12-20 thousand range that he's asking for.

Who the hell made that god awful thing. Why would you take a perfectly good mj and add a dually axle? You are not going to get any better towing out of it. And any experience I have had with duallies they sink like anchors.

CanJeep said:
Who the hell made that god awful thing.

The factory - it was a (rarely-selected) option for a while. There's a black one I see running around here occasionally, so they are out there.

This one wasnt made at the factory though. Read the specs about it and it says it had a dana 44 rear axle put in it.

CanJeep said:
This one wasnt made at the factory though. Read the specs about it and it says it had a dana 44 rear axle put in it.

Hard to call - he doesn't mention anywhere in the ad that it's a swap, just that it's a D44. Being an '88, this puts it in the right timeframe to have a D44 under it, and I can't imagine that even Chrysler would've considered using a D35 for a dually.

cal said:
I've seen that craigslist add posted a dozen or so times before, and seem to remember it being somewhere in the 12-20 thousand range that he's asking for.
So the guy wants to get a nickle out for every dime he put into it. Good luck!

Back