• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New rotors. What kind?

simplyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well I need new rotors and pads! What kind is the best option for a 95'? Slotted of some sort? What will last long and be the best option but won't kill my wallet?

I get wagner steel's, not composite, for around $30 a disc at the local parts store. I never turn mine, generally two sets of pads then the third set I just buy new rotors.. at least it's worked that way on the two wranglers and the XJ..

I've had good luck with the powerslot rotors/hawk combo. They can be grabbed from quadratec and I think Pep boys carries them too. Ive had them for almost 2 years and I'm on my second set of pads and there is not a bit of rust on em either

simplyXJ said:
are the wagners slotted?

Nope, I do a fair amount of stream crossings and such, don't like picking up little rocks to get caught in the slots, they tend to router the pads....

I prefer the solid steel vs the composites, I had mine replaced once under recall, at 340,000mi I'm on my 3rd set of rotors on the XJ, second set on the 97 TJ, Hmmm, I wonder if they had a recall on that and if it was ever done, we bought it used, maybe get a free set of rotors...

Ok well I just ended up buying the pep boys special and the ceramic pads... Is it worth ceramic over standard pads? They were $50 instead of $20... Who has ceramic pads and how do you like them?

Back