• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I could use some help.

brandon_750

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to get frustrated. I have a problem when I am acceclerating hard there is a dead spot at about 1/3 pedel to right before WOT. So after consulting the NAXJA folks it seemed like most were saying my TPS. Well I decided since I was going to mess with that I would take care of another issue I had which was my ground was starting to look shady. So I changed out my ground and Ohmed it and ohmed the braided line from the firewall to the engine right by the fuel injector. After that I took apart countless wire connectors and cleaned them with Electrical QD cleaner. Then I got down to the business of the TPS. Checked it was off at Idle. Adjusted it to .8. Took it to WOT watching meter carefully (meter was digital) but I took it very slow. All seemed well. Tightened everything back up. Took it out. Seemed better but still had a dead spot. Rechecked everything all was still in spec. Decided screw it I am changing the TPS. So when I was changing it the damn top mount screw to the TPS broke off in the Throttle body. On top of that the new part i got from autozone.....Bad. So I ended up putting the old one back on with only the bottom screw. And to top it all off I still have a flat spot. Although I will admit that it is better. Its only a flat spot in the middle of the peddle. Everyone still thinking TPS????

In the last month I have changed the 02 sensor and fuel filter in hopes of fixing this problem.

So.. you actually never changed the TPS with a good one ? Take the "bad" TPS back and get another one. (How did you figure it was bad by the way?) Use an easy out and remove that broke stud.

I have been through 2 TPS's. The first one would not let the trans downshift when hard on the gas. The 2nd one would not let it shift out of 1st gear ever. Had to drive all the way home in first gear. This was all after I installed hood vents. I had to find out the hard way that TPS sensors do not like to get wet.

Last edited:
I did change it out but the new one was bad faulty wiring somewhere. Couldnt not get it to read anything. I am going to have my buddy who is a machinst get the stud out for me.

Back