• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

241j conversion

scottanchee

NAXJA Forum User
I have been loooking all over and havn't been able to answer my questions. I am going to put in a 241 j from a rubi in my 97 xj with the aw4 .Can you get the 1330 yolks for my d30 8.25 combo. Is there a driveshaft that can be used other than new ,lets say a front shaft from the rubi ?auto or std? I would rather put in a used shaft to cut down on the costs Any answers on these questions would be help me out alot. TIA

Why not just use 1310 yokes at the transfer case!
nvg241or1.jpg

scottanchee said:
I didn't know you could .Can i just get 2 front yolks from a 231 at the dealership parts counter
I think the only ones selling them are RE or TW.

the 231 ft yokes are 26 spline. im not sure but i think the 241j is 32 spline rear and 26 spline front
somebody correct me if im wrong its been known to happen.
if it is 32 spline driveshaft superstore has a large asst. of 32 spline yokes.

justin

scottanchee said:
the front and back are both the same on the 241 j, I think it is a 32 spline

i wasent sure i try to pull the yokes off one at work tom.
its really hard to look at thoes at work laying on the ground and not just take one home.

justin

go find two front yokes off a 242 t/c in a junk yard. They are 32 Spline.

I've always wondered how N/V rates the 231 as stronger a stronger case than the 242 since it uses smaller parts. Though I have a feeling the H1 242 has a much higher rating than the 231.

Give JB Conversions a call. I know that they now sell the 241 OR with 1310 yokes front and rear.

Fred

Back