• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late notice - snow run tomorrow - Big Bear

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am meeting a buddy in Big Bear tomorrow (Thur) at the Discovery Center aournd 9:00 AM. We will run Gold Mountain and something else, maybe John Bull.

Give me a call on my cell if you want to go. Cell: 714-319-7135. I will be leaving OC at 6:30 AM.

If you go, please have gear for cold weather. Right now chains are REQUIRECD - 4 WD must carry chains. You MUST have tow points front AND rear, and have at least a 3" lift. Sorry, no stockers on this one please due to possible 2' snow, ice, rocks. The 3 vehicles that are going for sure are on 33"s or 35"s, locked front and rear, and we all have chains.

I may be going back up on Saturday with the wife's TJ for it's maiden voyage. Watch for the past on Friday evening as I have a few tweeks to do it Friday to make sure it's ready.

Thanks and sorry for the late notice.

OKAY, so the Big Bear resorts website is wrong. Yes, there are chain restrictions, but there is very little snow up there, so no 2' snow depths tomorrow.

There is some snow there and what melts during the day, freezes at night so there will likely be some icey spots.

SO this opens the invite to whoever wants to show.

Discovery Center around 9:00 AM. Must have tow points front and rear, tow strap, spare tire (ror repair kit), and warm clothes and food/water.

man, i really wish i could go tomorrow, got to work though.
I have never wheeled at big bear so i'd definately like to go with somebody that has. I might be interested in saturday. i'll watch for your post friday.

Back