• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recovery

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
i got pretty stuck yesterday, would like some suggestions on front tow hooks, my xj is a 2000, i have a 2" reciever in the back and will purchase a device to fit it. Any name brand better than the other? Checked out the tow hook pkg. from Rustys, looks pretty good. Thanks for your input.
Merry X-mas and happy new year.

C 4x4 http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=40

I was told better quality than Rustys

Right now they are even a few dollars cheeper

Matter of fact I used them today for the first time at work helping my boss pull shrubs with chains

I would get the warn 2" recovery reciever I had one of the cheepo's from wally world and it was stolen so I went out to tractor supply and got the warn is was more but I got a warn sticker :)

I'd get a front reciever over towhooks, I have been told by many that as soon as you put an angle on them the brackets bend. I have even seen a bracket tear off the vehicle in a side pull. Not smart but it was the only choice at the angle he got stuck.

OEM or the C4x4 are both good. There are 3 peices of each side (the tow hook bracket and two support brackets).

I wouldn't do a front reciever, they tend to get in the way as often as not, and don't look very classy. :)

The OEM style (c4x4 is an oem emulation) with the braces is pretty strong. I had my jeep drug sideways by them several times.

I believe they were an option all years? And they work on all years. They weren't a standard option any year.

Back